Whose parrot eats better than they do? :)

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
In my attempts to give Percy a varied diet, I've sucked up to and befriended my local greengrocer. He now allows me to buy single items as opposed to a whole bag which works out too expensive.
Percy eats stuff I can't afford for myself (like Pomegranets, dragonfruit, persimmons) or that I can't stand to eat (like okra, brussel sprouts, blegh!)
The things we do for our kids, eh? Be they human, furred or feathered!:eek:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is so true! My husband mentioned the other night that perhaps we should buy some food that we're allowed to eat when we got to the grocery store instead of off limits for us bird food!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I give my birds alllll kinds of stuff, they eat healthier then me. I eat all the exotic fruits too but I'm usually too busy or tired to deal with eating when I get home from work. Plus we cook for them too, brats! LoL....

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
I am sure my birds eat better, but what I am absolutely sure of is that the squirrels in my back yard eat better than ANY squirrel in the World!!!!
All the stuff my birds didn't finish goes to the back of my back yard to the compost that is open to the outside. There is nothing left there next time I go to dump scraps. So, all of the pomegranates, pineapple, carrots, beets, cactus fruit, seeds, sprouts, birdy bread with a lot of baby food in it, etc.,..... anything my birds didn't finish (most of the time a LOT) goes to the squirrels.
I am sure they have parties there every night.........:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts