Why did he have to learn this?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
He know pings his cage when he deems he's had enough cage time and I've had enough nap time :18: seriously.

He is out with me all morning doing stuff, cuddling playing, target training, singing, what ever, then I want to nap for a bit and he goes away. He will then play with his toys for bit, eat some food and do what ever else he does. Then he starts whispering peekaboo and love you and some other things. When that doesn't get attention he contact calls even though we are both right there so we ignorea(I try to keep napping... So hard when he's calling at the top of his birdie lungs) then when that doesn't work he goes to the top corner of his cage where the edges conects and he pings them. I don't know what he's doing but my goodness it's a horrendous metallic vibrating pinging noise.

I've no idea how or where he's learnt it but it certainly wakes me up! I dont give him attention when he does it as I don't want to encourage it.

Any one else's bird do this?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Oh yes....I feel you there...Noodles makes these "shivs" and then she goes down to the base of her cage and lifts up her seed skirt using her "tools" and then drops it repeatedly...You can hear it upstairs with doors shut. Oh parrots lol!

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
Syd will settle down on the odd occasion when I have a nap. When he has decided time is up he calls 'Baby' repeatedly. First it is very quiet and I can hardly hear it but if I ignore him he gets louder still calling 'BABY'. The longest I have managed is about 20 minutes then I give up! They know which buttons to push!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Syd will settle down on the odd occasion when I have a nap. When he has decided time is up he calls 'Baby' repeatedly. First it is very quiet and I can hardly hear it but if I ignore him he gets louder still calling 'BABY'. The longest I have managed is about 20 minutes then I give up! They know which buttons to push!

LOL! Noodles likes to say "come here baby" and recently, has taken "BACK BACK BACK" and changed it to the "quiet chicken" version (with prompting LOLLLL)...So now, it's like "bock bock bock...but still pretty loud!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
They really do know what buttons to push, he's my tiny terror and I love him, even when he wakes me from nap time hahaj

Keetsb88

Dec 28, 2020
Hello, sorry to disturb the convo but could you tell me how I could put a post on please. Thank you

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Sure-- click forums and the select a sub-forum and there is a button that says new thread at the top (it is light blue).

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
When I get my “alarm” call I say inside voice in a low whisper and when you tone goes down I’ll come let her out and give scratches. Inside voice has been working pretty well. But when she starts off with inside tone I do immediate reward even if I’m about to leave so she see results for using her inside voice.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
When I get my “alarm” call I say inside voice in a low whisper and when you tone goes down I’ll come let her out and give scratches. Inside voice has been working pretty well. But when she starts off with inside tone I do immediate reward even if I’m about to leave so she see results for using her inside voice.

I have learned to tune out Noodles' cage banging-- I really think she just does it to entertain herself until I get there, but I do get her up on a pretty set schedule (although, today I slept until 9:30, which is THE LATEST I have managed in over nearly 6 years, so that was a surprise!)

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
Connie lifts her seed or water dish and lets it crash back down,looks to see if Im watching,if not, off she goes again! Its all attention seeking. She gets covered at 9.30 pm,and then we have the "not ready for bed"carry on,which involves her looking under the cover,just a couple of inches,and saying gimme a kiss. OH thinks its hysterical,but its quite off putting if you're in the middle of a good telly programme!
Ive come to the conclusion that Conures love noise!

Most Reactions