Why do these photos exist.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Iโ€™m talking about the weird, photoshopped parrot photos on the internet. The ones with fake mutations and hybrids that are made for people to think theyโ€™re real. Share the ones you find here.
6487398F-5BC2-4BA7-AEA5-3E30137BCB9E.jpeg
31B59F83-6E73-4D03-BD61-56551C0165A2.jpeg

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I saw a photo of a budgie who had a pink head. I thought there were no pink budgies. I guess I assumed the photo was doctored.
Yeah, there are no pink budgies. Sometimes people think bourkes are โ€œpink budgiesโ€ but they arenโ€™t.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have wondered if it would be possible to crossbreed a bourkes parakeet with a budgie to get that pink color. But I have no idea.
โ€”โ€”-I did read up and it looks like a bourkes and budgie cross would likely be sterile.
โ€”โ€”-I was not saying that such a cross would be a โ€œgood ideaโ€ but just wondering if it would be possible.

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Feb 20, 2022
I know what the bottom one is, I met one in March! ๐Ÿ˜

That pink robin is incredible!

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I have wondered if it would be possible to crossbreed a bourkes parakeet with a budgie to get that pink color. But I have no idea.
โ€”โ€”-I did read up and it looks like a bourkes and budgie cross would likely be sterile.
โ€”โ€”-I was not saying that such a cross would be a โ€œgood ideaโ€ but just wondering if it would be possible.
1. it is impossible to cross a Bourke with any species (at least they have never been crossbred yet)
2. Even with the hybrids which are fertile, the offspring always will be hybrids. I've seen such post when somebody crossed an eastern x crimson rosella hybrid with a easten rosella (I think) and said that he got easten rosellas again... but no, it doesn't work so - the offspring is a hybrid too, no matter how similar they are to the parent species.

Note: Not all photos of pink budgies are fake. Unfortunately some people dye them to get red or pink "mutation":mad:. Anyway they're still fake

the one on the right is a Lord Derbyan parakeet - it's real :)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
In general I don't like such photos - I've already seen how people thought they're real ๐Ÿ’€

But... I like somebody's this photo remake:
1649408406563.png

I think it was a cool idea to remake a B&G macaw colors as an extinct Dominican Green and yellow macaw :)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Iโ€™m talking about the weird, photoshopped parrot photos on the internet. The ones with fake mutations and hybrids that are made for people to think theyโ€™re real. Share the ones you find here.
View attachment 38216View attachment 38215
Some budgies are pink/red, but unfortunately they are dyed that way, as it is an impossible mutation :(
The one in the pic appears to be fake because of the beak being purple(just zoom in, you'll see it's pink)

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie

ฯฮนgฯฮนzฯ…

Oct 25, 2021
Indiana
Parrots
โ‹†โœง ๐’ซ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“€๐’พ๐“ƒ ~ ๐น๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝโ™ก๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘”

๐’ซ๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Š๐“‰ ~ ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐Ÿฌ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘” โœงโ‹†

ฯฮนgฯฮนzฯ…

Oct 25, 2021
Indiana
Parrots
โ‹†โœง ๐’ซ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“€๐’พ๐“ƒ ~ ๐น๐‘’๐“‚๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝโ™ก๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘”

๐’ซ๐‘’๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“Š๐“‰ ~ ๐‘€๐’ถ๐“๐‘’ ๐’œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐Ÿฌ๐“‡๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐’ข๐“Š๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ถ-๐“…๐’พ๐‘” โœงโ‹†

Most Reactions

Latest posts