Why is my IRN constantly yelling ???

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
3 year old indian ringneck
Hey,
So my IRN has always been fine and generally okay and he hasnt shown any signs of being mad or sick (he did when we firstly bought him but then he stopped and now he's back) i dont know why he is yelling at his food and when i tried to take him out he didnt allow me
Until i took him to another room, the guest's room
He seems to like it more in this room
(I took his cage from the living room to the guest's room) and as soon as i tried to take him outside of his cage in the guest's room he didnt hesitate

Is this normal or should i be concerned? Thanks

(i'll attach a video of him yelling at his food)
*also ill attach 2 videos because the single video itself is too large*

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    3.7 MB
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    1 MB

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I agree that he's happy!

I just played these videos and my ringneck got excited and happy too :)

My ringneck can talk all day long except for when he's sleeping - he is especially chatty in the morning and at bedtime. I think it's super cute when he talks while he's eating!

Yours looks like he's settling in really well and I think you're doing great with him! Thank you for posting so many photos and videos, it definitely helps get an idea of what he's doing - and for me it's really fun to see :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I thought those were cute happy talking noises in the first video. The second video is a bird that doesn’t want to be approached for some reason. Maybe he doesn’t trust your hand in his cage or maybe he was just in a bad mood at that time.

I have noticed my birds “behave” more in a place they’re less familiar with. That’s pretty normal. My birds have moods where they don’t want to step up and if I push it I have a crabby bird. Everybody can wake up on the wrong side of the perch sometimes.

OP
indianringnecks

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
I agree that he's happy!

I just played these videos and my ringneck got excited and happy too :)

My ringneck can talk all day long except for when he's sleeping - he is especially chatty in the morning and at bedtime. I think it's super cute when he talks while he's eating!

Yours looks like he's settling in really well and I think you're doing great with him! Thank you for posting so many photos and videos, it definitely helps get an idea of what he's doing - and for me it's really fun to see :)
thank you for assuring me, i appreciate it and your ringnecks sounds so friendly!

OP
indianringnecks

indianringnecks

Nov 23, 2022
Saudi Arabia, Dammam
Parrots
I thought those were cute happy talking noises in the first video. The second video is a bird that doesn’t want to be approached for some reason. Maybe he doesn’t trust your hand in his cage or maybe he was just in a bad mood at that time.

I have noticed my birds “behave” more in a place they’re less familiar with. That’s pretty normal. My birds have moods where they don’t want to step up and if I push it I have a crabby bird. Everybody can wake up on the wrong side of the perch sometimes.
Yeah he didnt want to be approached but i think i know why, everytime i try to let him out in the living room he gets defensive and doesnt allow me to let him out ; Yet when i try to let him out in a different room (the guests room) he gets out with absolutely no hesitation so i guess he dislikes the living room and likes the guest room is that normal?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
He’s more confident of the living room since his cage is there. He’s on best behavior in the guest room. Bet if you moved his cage into the guest room it would flip.

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
And that's not yelling, more like talking level. With his neck feathers puffed up a bit it looks like a little hormonal excitation, nothing unusual. Seems happy to me.

Also be aware that IRNs typically do not like fingers. I always approach with a flat, closed hand. The previous owner of my bird also taught him to step up from behind, because when I approach from the back he usually tosses his leg out to the back. I think that is a technique to alleviate the sight and resulting fear of fingers. They are also a bit cage territorial and mine will lunge like that at my hand if he's not in the mood. If I absolutely need to get him out I will come with a tight fist to he cannot get purchase on skin and he usually succumbs and steps up onto the back of my hand.

Most Reactions

Latest posts