Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
My male jenday conure had always been friendly, but would sometimes get angry, which is understandable. But now heā€™s been suddenly lashing out on my hand or arm when Iā€™m not doing anything at all. I suspect itā€™s because it is spring , or mating season. I attached a video, if anyone can give me any advice about everything , Iā€™d gladly appreciate it ! (Itā€™s sped up and clipped to be able to attach, message me for more)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
can't see video
While hormones can always be a factor.

Its also easy to have sudden fear of hands, or broken trust even if you aren't aware of the cause.

I've found going and saying hi, offering a treat by hand. And doing this many times a day. Can start bribing your way back into their heart.

And paying very close attention to body language, avoid bites, don't pressure or force interactions. Rebuild thst trust. Spending extra time with them.

If you need to video your interactions and go back abd watch for any missed que. Id say 99% of tge time they are giving them.

Click this link to take you to parrot behavior page

OP
Raz

Raz

Feb 19, 2022
Parrots
Two Jendays conures!
can't see video
While hormones can always be a factor.

Its also easy to have sudden fear of hands, or broken trust even if you aren't aware of the cause.

I've found going and saying hi, offering a treat by hand. And doing this many times a day. Can start bribing your way back into their heart.

And paying very close attention to body language, avoid bites, don't pressure or force interactions. Rebuild thst trust. Spending extra time with them.

If you need to video your interactions and go back abd watch for any missed que. Id say 99% of tge time they are giving them.

Click this link to take you to parrot behavior page
Thank you so much! Iā€™ll make sure of that

Most Reactions

Latest posts