Wierd molt?

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
When I first saw those feathers they were just clear shafts. I actually for a few days thought he might have barbered them.

None of my other parrot have molted like that with so many flight feathers at once none of my other parents have ever malted like that was so many flight feathers at once.

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_125052607.jpg
    IMG_20210824_125052607.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 77

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
They look normal. It is unusual to molt several flights feathers in one wing at same time , nature wants them to still be able to fly while molting. Only when an injury or lost feathers do the usually molting all at once like that, to replace lost ones. Was he trimmed? If so they did a bad job and trimmed them to close and triggered this. Or he lost them some how?
They look normal, just takes bug feathers longer to come in. I offer more protein during a molt.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
They look normal. It is unusual to molt several flights feathers in one wing at same time , nature wants them to still be able to fly while molting. Only when an injury or lost feathers do the usually molting all at once like that, to replace lost ones. Was he trimmed? If so they did a bad job and trimmed them to close and triggered this. Or he lost them some how?
They look normal, just takes bug feathers longer to come in. I offer more protein during a molt.
He wasn't trimmed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts