Wild visitors today!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I missed it! Having sat up till ridiculous o'clock studying, I was snoring in my bed when two (TWO!) corellas flew into our back deck and paid Rosetta a visit. My son was up and got to watch the spectacle. He tried to photograph the birds, but they were too quick for him, sadly.

First one, then the second wild corella flew down from our big gum tree. They perched on the deck railing and then flew straight to the big rope that hangs from the ceiling. They spent most of their time swinging madly on that, shrieking and bellowing at Rosetta, who joined in with gusto.

Then, one of the corellas dropped to the floor and spent a bit of time gobbling up some spilled dry cat food caught between the cracks in the floor boards. The other joined him and they had a great old time, waddling around the floor, picking up random bits of dropped pellets and even tossing one of 'Setta's plastic toys which she had hoicked out of her cage.

At no point did either bird approach Rosetta (a relief, on account of PBFD in the wild flocks). They were only interested in the dropped food, the bird bath (long drinks each) and the hanging rope for playing purposes (hubby's going to blast it with his steam cleaner). After about half an hour, they just took flight and left!

This is the first time we've had wild visitors and I hope it won't be the last. I'm kicking myself that I didn't see the spectacle, but you can be sure I'll be up and at 'em next time anyone pops in for a brief 'G'day'.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I can’t even imagine living somewhere that wild parrots are a thing. That sounds amazing and also rather funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Lovely wild interlude, Trish! Hopefully next time you'll score some amazing pics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts