Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi guys, there was a lot of rain in our area, so my onions started "rusting". So I sprayed them with a mixture of 1tsp bicarbonate of soda, 1tsp of soap and 1L of water. I also had to spray the spinach, beetroot, and peas as treatment for mildew etc.

My question is, will this be safe to feed them? I've fed them non-organic veggies before and they survived, surely this will be safe for them?

The veggies are mostly organic, this it the first time I treated them with a mild treatment, not something extreme(I never will. I believe natural treatments/fertilizers are the best and safest).

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Um onions? DO not feed them onions!

Hot peppers are fine but google parrot and onions...all I've read says nope bad.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
the other veggies I think ok ....but not onions

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
the other veggies I think ok ....but not onions
Yep onions are not fine, I was wondering about the other veggies, such as beet, peas, and spinach. I don't think a wild treatment on the veggies with kill my birds, I'll just rinse it off really well.

Onions are for the humans.

Most Reactions

Latest posts