Will My bird be ok?

Lucky_Parrot

May 24, 2022
Parrots
A sun conure
My Sun conure is around 1 years old and he took quite a lot of naps in a day, he eats well and is very energetic and playful. Nothing’s wrong, just him taking plenty of naps in a day. He can’t really sleep at night because it’s too noisy. I’m quite worried because this keeps on going on and on. I’m not an experienced bird owner but I promised that he’s all well, just taking plenty of naps. I would appreciate it if you help me understand more of this situation.
Thank you.

Edit: he did sleep but I think it’s quite disturbing for him.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Longer period of sleep is always a preference, but naps do help.

If you can ease the noise level once night time arrives, that would be helpful. Regarding lack of sleep and health; just like Humans, sleep is important for good health. Keep a close eye on your Parrots health!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
When sleeping in the jungle, I am sure no parrot gets 10-12 hours of quiet, uninterrupted sleep. We try to keep Saltys sleeping area quiet but since its in the middle of our open floor plan living/kitchen/dinning area, people will go the the fridge during the sleeping period and he will wake up for a little while and then go back to sleep. SO aim for 10-12 hrs of relative quiet but don;t be alarmed at naps during the day.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
the fact you worry is a good sign. but look to make a quieter environment, sheet on cage, etc.

OP
L

Lucky_Parrot

May 24, 2022
Parrots
A sun conure
Longer period of sleep is always a preference, but naps do help.

If you can ease the noise level once night time arrives, that would be helpful. Regarding lack of sleep and health; just like Humans, sleep is important for good health. Keep a close eye on your Parrots health!
Thank you so much! I’ll keep an eye on him!

OP
L

Lucky_Parrot

May 24, 2022
Parrots
A sun conure
When sleeping in the jungle, I am sure no parrot gets 10-12 hours of quiet, uninterrupted sleep. We try to keep Saltys sleeping area quiet but since its in the middle of our open floor plan living/kitchen/dinning area, people will go the the fridge during the sleeping period and he will wake up for a little while and then go back to sleep. SO aim for 10-12 hrs of relative quiet but don;t be alarmed at naps during the day.
Thank you! I’ll try to keep him in a quite sleeping area!

SunConureBaba

May 16, 2022
Greater Toronto Area, Canada
Parrots
Sun Conure son (with me in spirit);
Baby Robin (my son's reincarnation? RIP);
Red Factor Sun Conure (adopted);
Magpie (rescued as baby, returned to the wild after 1 year, 24+ years ago).
As others said, cover the cage at night.
None of my sun conures would nap during the day.

Mangosbuddy

Jul 13, 2022
Parrots
Sun conure
I roll his portable cage to my room at 8pm every night. I put a bird blanket around the cage and don’t hear a peep out of him all night. He wakes up after me about 8:00. When he starts making a beak grinding sound on my shoulder and tries to snuggle close, that is when I know he is ready for bed.

Most Reactions