Will my conures get along with each other

Harrystyles

Sep 16, 2022
Parrots
Conures
Hi , everyone I have a problem that I have a conure named Bucky and he doesnā€™t get along with other ppl other than me and my family, and today Iā€™ve a got a new bird of the same breed and Bucky is rly angry about it and is constantly bitting the new one and Iā€™m worried they wonā€™t get along. So what should I do? Here is a pic of Bucky
C3D2F501-B261-4FD3-9824-49AF5D5D7DC5.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Bucky is a pretty boy! Does his new neighbor have his own cage so they have personal space while they get to know each other? I would start with birds across the room from each other and move closer as the birds get more comfortable.

OP
H

Harrystyles

Sep 16, 2022
Parrots
Conures
Yes they do have their own cages but when i keep them infront of each other he goes to bite the new one while she is trying to have a bond ( I keep them both together open in my supervision)
Bucky is a pretty boy! Does his new neighbor have his own cage so they have personal space while they get to know each other? I would start with birds across the room from each other and move closer as the birds get more comfortable

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Thats one of the risks in getting a second ( or third, etc) parrot. I dont know of any way to MAKE 2 parrots like each other.

Most Reactions

Latest posts