Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I'm stressed out right now and I feel so stupid and guilty..
Here's what happened: Jeff, John and Griff flew to the bathroom.

I went and chased them away, just to feel something under my toes, and I heard a screech: I stepped on Sunny!!😰😭
I immediately lifted up my foot in reflex and picked her up. I didn't really step very hard on her but I still stepped on her!

Physically she looks fine, but she was so stressed. My mom thinks she looks fine just because she can fly perfectly fine and she thinks a vet is unnecessary(by "she can fly perfectly fine", I mean she can fly as she always does, but she's never been a good flyer), but I know budgies are very sensitive and my biggest concern is broken bones...

What are some signs to look out for? What should I do? I know you guys aren't vets.. Should I move her to another cage to observe her closely?

Edit: she seems a bit better now, she's preening herself but I'm still concerned..

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I don’t think you should stress her out even more with the vet, but keep an eye on her and give her lots of treats so she knows you’re sorry ❤️

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Pip I'm so sorry to read about your accident with Sunny, but pleased to know she seems to be doing ok 🙏 How is she doing now? I would try to keep her caged for a bit, she may not have broken anything but she may have been bruised a little. Sending love and hugs to you both, Pip, I know that you will give that little sweetheart all the treats she wants while she recovers ❤️

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Thank you everyone for your replies, she seems much better now, she's preening herself now and had a millet spray earlier and she seems to be back to her normal self now and eating fine.

In reply to @Flboy, Yes, I am glad I didn't kill her, so many people have stepped on their birds and killed them😰 I've got lucky this time..

Praying that she'll be fine!

oh, I just saw her doing the happy "Tail shake"! Yay!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Thanks to everyone for your concern and kind replies, she is much better now, eating, drinking, playing etc!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thanks for updating us, Pip, wonderful news! Must be an enormous relief for you too 🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts