Willing to give a parrot a forever home

birdielover15

Oct 2, 2015
Hello,

We bought my grandparents house last year and Iā€™m ready to help birds again have a soft landing and a forever home here. I have experience with conures, cockatoos and macaws. I have helped several rehabilitate that had behavioral issues or plucking. I can provide updates with the previous owners and ensure the bird remains with me for its life. Iā€™m just missing having a bird in my home. I have three beautiful cages not being used. Anyone can point me in the right direction? Iā€™m located in central Pa

kryder

Sep 11, 2022
Parrots
2 Amazons
Hello! I have 2 Amazon parrots that I rehomed/inherited from family. Unfortunately, due to lifeā€™s unforeseen changes I am needing to re-home them to a forever home. Would you be interested learning more about these babies?

OP
B

birdielover15

Oct 2, 2015
Hello! I have 2 Amazon parrots that I rehomed/inherited from family. Unfortunately, due to lifeā€™s unforeseen changes I am needing to re-home them to a forever home. Would you be interested learning more about these babies?

So sorry to read about your Situation. Perhaps I can help. I sent you a pm as I would love to learn more about these parrots.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
So sorry to read about your Situation. Perhaps I can help. I sent you a pm as I would love to learn more about these parrots.
The member you're trying to PM is new and hasn't reached the minimum post count to gain access to the PM system. Any of the moderators will be happy to forward messages for you if you wish to make contact. :)

OP
B

birdielover15

Oct 2, 2015
The member you're trying to PM is new and hasn't reached the minimum post count to gain access to the PM system. Any of the moderators will be happy to forward messages for you if you wish to make contact. :)
Thanks but I was in fact able to private message on my own but I havenā€™t gotten a response back after the initial response back

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thanks but I was in fact able to private message on my own but I havenā€™t gotten a response back after the initial response back
Yes, you can send them messages, but they wouldn't be able to open them or reply except on the open forum, until they have made a minimum of 10 posts on the forum. Were they able to send you a PM, or was it just the reply here?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
A pm back to mine. Just one
Ahh, perhaps the system caught up after the fact. I'll look into it on our end. We have no access to member's PMs, but I'll ask our admin about how they were able to send one at all yet. In the meantime, again, any of the mods will be happy to forward messages for you.

azdesertrhino

Oct 29, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
Hello from the other ide of the country. (Arizona)
We have a 12 year old Blue & Gold male Macaw that we need to rehome.
This is one of the hardest decisions we've had to make. When we got "Mac" he was 10 weeks old. We finished the weaning process at home.
We were first time bird owners but did our research. One very important fact we missed was longevity. Unfortunately, we are getting to the point, due to age, we have to consider his well being and future.
If there is an interest, contact me via PM and we can move forward from there.

henry0reilly

Mar 2, 2017
Parrots
YNA (Mad) Max aka Mean Max Green ~2002
Sulfur Crested ā€˜too Babybird 2015
7 years ago we took in a cockatoo and a yellow naped amazon from a home where the lady was moving into a nursing home. The 'too started plucking and we had to take her to the vet. The yna has never been but needs it, his body feathers are gray :( There is a sanctuary in Connersville, Indiana that sounds promising if we don't find a home for them ourselves.

Most Reactions

Latest posts