Yawning ? Opening and closing beak

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
So, ive posted a thread about something else with my other bird, but im just a little concerned about my other bird yawning or opening and closing the beak, it kinda looks like gagging. And she does this very often, her behavior is normal she keeps wagging her tail, when she hears an shaky object or other things she likes ,she is very alert. She doosent look sick and her breathing is normal. And is Active ,Eats as normal. I just worry a bit much and is this normal or is she sick? Im a bit worried☹️

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Parrots do that sometimes to adjust their crop, sometimes they are regurgitating food. And yeah sometimes they are yawning. My 'zon yawns when I scritch his head a certain way. None of them are issues, so relax.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Parrots do that sometimes to adjust their crop, sometimes they are regurgitating food. And yeah sometimes they are yawning. My 'zon yawns when I scritch his head a certain way. None of them are issues, so relax.
Thankyou im relieved!!!😊😊

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My bird yawns at me when he’s getting head scratches or very comfortable. If an animal yawns in front of you it is probably relaxed and trusts you. Do you yawn back?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Great question. These things can turn into; who can yawn the longest or most times.

As a side note. If the yawn includes a smelly odder your Parrot could have an impacted crop. If you note that, it's a quick trip to the Avian Vet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts