Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Yesterday I had to put down one of my ball pythons, her name was Riven, she was so sweet, as a snake could be anyway.
She had a disease that made her life painful and would have eventually killed her but slowly so I decided it was the right thing to to. I tried to save her for months but my vet said they're was no point in trying anymore.
I hope she's happy in heaven.
Rest in peace Riven.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yesterday I had to put down one of my ball pythons, her name was Riven, she was so sweet, as a snake could be anyway.
She had a disease that made her life painful and would have eventually killed her but slowly so I decided it was the right thing to to. I tried to save her for months but my vet said they're was no point in trying anymore.
Rest in peace Riven.
So sorry you had to put her down.. you did what's best for her.
Rest in peace Riven.. sending hugs your way❀️

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Thank you for doing the right thing for her. I know she loves you.
RIP Riven. I'm so sorry, zERo. πŸ«‚

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so sorry to read this very sad news today, zERo, my condolences go out to you on your loss of Riven. You did everything you possibly could have done for her, and made the right decision to spare her any more pain, so I hope you can take some comfort in that, although I know it's never ever easy. May Riven be greeted with love on the other side, I'm so sorry for your loss πŸ™

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I’m so sorry, she sounded amazing, and snakes have much more personality than people think they do. Rest is Peace, Riven, I’m sure you were a wonderful snake.

Zero, you have such a big heart, and you really did do your best. Sending hugs.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Rest in peace Riven.
Thank you for taking good care of Riven.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Thank you all so much for the kind words and support, I really needed it. This forum is such a great place to seek advice and comfort, I've learned so much and hope this place stays amazing!

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
ohmygoodness
I’m so sorry zERo :(
Must have been hard but you tried your best and did the right thing in the end ❀️
Fly high little Riven..

freshprincess87

Dec 30, 2016
Australia
Parrots
8 little lovebirds
I’m so sorry that you had to put down your ball python. That would have been extremely hard to do. I’m really so sorry and I hope that you know that you aren’t alone and that I, and many others in the forum, feel your pain. Thank you for your comments on my posts before too. This forum really provides comfort from people who understand the pain. You are not alone in your grieving.

Most Reactions

Latest posts