You Are My Sunshine

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
I have had little Sunny, the Sun Conure for 5 months now, and he/she is about 13 months old. I have gone from yeah, honey (hubby) a bird would be nice (thinking it would be kinda ‘his’) to complete obsession. I am just so totally enamored with this soft fluffy feathered being!!!!
I have been pouring over all the posts and hopefully I am on the right track. I have her finally eating some chop and pellets- came to us eating a seed blend.
What a blessing she has been in my life!!
199C69D6-A633-4972-97E3-C9BF29E07878.jpeg
21A3634A-1A34-4E60-AD89-5928A3080C24.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
This was Sunny attacking my salad at dinner. She is quite indulged and has her own dishes and food at mealtimes! She loves it, and I am quite sure that is what has gotten her eating her veggies

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
And bath times are so much fun!!!
this one is the ‘Mommy, I am done with my bath now. You may pick me up” 🥰

BE22AB3B-686F-468E-93E7-11EADC216172.jpeg

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
And then drying under the ‘heat lamp’, which is actually my high power reading lamp- she thinks its awesome! But think he/she looks somewhat like an angel in this one 😍 its the light halo
DE36D182-B4C5-4177-8E8F-F775C0F4CC05.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ugh!!!! So sorry about multiples! This forum does pics differently than one I am used to! Maybe moderators could clean up my mess? Pretty please?
Happy to clean up your "mess" for you, Pyro, although I see no "mess" to speak of, just a gorgeous girlie enjoying the amazing catering in her loving home! And catching up with the latest foodie trends in the magazines too, I see! What a delightful little birdie she is! :love:

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Hanging out on the ‘porch’ enjoying a green bean. (And all the white ‘blobs’ in the bottom of cage are not poops- she had recently finished shredding a favorite toy. It’s a ‘ball’ of some kind of reed like soft wood. She goes on a mission to destroy those things!!!) and In the photo you can’t really see it, but there are manzanita branches crossing the dowel perches- they are just kinda dark. But- this is Sunny’s crib.
83E0F12A-B4D5-4D23-9405-4F5EF5541A33.jpeg

D

Deleted member 42416

Sign me up for the Sunny fan club!

Wine & Cheese with Sunny Salad…y’all are my kind of people! 😁. Exquisite taste as well in your choice of birby.

Looking forward to updates on all her adventures!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
She is such a sunshine

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Mmm stinky wet bird…. And what an engaging look on her face in the first bath pic! Nobody can tell me that parrots don’t have facial expressions. That is the BEST photo! I think I will draw her. I hope that’s ok.

Last edited:

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
finishing the song...
You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy.....................

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I sing this song to my birds during petting and cuddle time.

My last Quaker used to sing along, sounding kind of like a kazoo. She loved to be sung to, loved recorded vocal music, loved when I practiced the guitar and sang! But she had no idea what pitch was…

Willow doesn’t seem like he could care less if I sing to him.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I love seeing your gorgeous feathered one. And I love seeing the promotional healthy living phot spread. Eating veggies ✔ bath time ✔ fabulous crib , great decor ✔, stunning head shot ✔

Pictures are worth a thousand words in showing people how to provide for their parrot. Yours tick every box , provide large cage with stuff to destroy/shred, healthy foods, including them in your life, love and activities , bathing.
I love seeing her eyes in the bright light, so beautiful.

Next time someone says I'm new to birds what should I be doing I will just link them here! ❤

OP
PyroParrot

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Heather- you may absolutely draw Sunny! I would love to see it if you do! Oh- Sunny gets the sunshine song all the time, loves it! I also sing to my dog and he is a huge fan, gets all dopey eyed. It’s hilarious, he will sometimes sing along with a quite rumble, melts my Heart ❤️

And thank you all for your kind words. It is because of this site that I have been able to figure out how to provide well for birdie! She says thank you for helping my mom get her act together for me!!😂

More Sunny Sunshine;
740FDBB0-F83D-425A-BD4E-83F8ED800805.jpeg

Truly is a PyroParrot!

some acrobatics
8E303FB0-8092-43A1-9D32-1FB4A0A372AF.jpeg
91B6DCCC-E05F-4DA6-829B-79FD8D28CF8F.jpeg

TA-Dah!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts