Young lovebird

Dylan Longman

Nov 2, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
I recently got a new lovebird and I don’t see him drinking water. I’ve been out a lot this week, so I’m guessing he does when I’m gone. I see seeds in his water so I’m hoping he is. With my old lovebird I had the same thing. Here is a photo of him

Sorry for the messy cage!
DAB4EEE3-8985-4240-954D-4D4E80EB4A7F.jpeg

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
He's beautiful!!!

My first dog was my soul mate in the sense we were perfect for each other at the perfect time. My current dog is the same breed, and her personality is so different than my first, but it's such a joy to see the ways they are the same and I love her just as much even though it's different.

I hope you find yourself falling for this little one too :) He's such a cutie 🥰

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
What a gorgeous little bird! Makes me want a lovebird. (But Willow and Jasper would be jealous.)

Yes, he’s probably drinking when you aren’t there. He doesn’t need a LOT of water. Just be sure there’s water in the bowl or that the water bottle is working.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
If you’re finding seeds in the water, then I am sure he’s drinking water. Sounds like maybe he’s wetting his seeds in the water.

How is he doing now?

OP
Dylan Longman

Dylan Longman

Nov 2, 2022
Parrots
Lovebird
If you’re finding seeds in the water, then I am sure he’s drinking water. Sounds like maybe he’s wetting his seeds in the water.

How is he doing now?
He is definitely drinking. I always find seeds in his water and my old bird always did that too. He's still not 100% tame but goes on my shoulder sometimes and plays with my hands.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
He is definitely drinking. I always find seeds in his water and my old bird always did that too. He's still not 100% tame but goes on my shoulder sometimes and plays with my hands.
That’s progress! Lovebirds are so cute and clownish.

Most Reactions

Latest posts