Zero and Cleopatra, my non-feathered friends.

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
I never really talk about my non-feathered friends much, and I decided today would be the day when I show them to the world.:D

Cleopatra{Cleo for short}, has been with me through thick and thin. Good times and bad times. She was named Cleopatra because of the attitude that relates to Cleopatra, the ancient Egyptian Queen. I adopted her after finding an ad around 4 years ago that said they had kittens. I was busy at the time, so my mother decided she would pick one out for me. When she got there, the little kittens were feral with no food. They were only 4-5 weeks old.
My mom picked out a little black-and-white kitten and came home. Cleo was so small, she was the size of my hand. At her age she shouldn't have been that small. Anyway, after the incident of her attacking everyone that went near the food, and her reputation for stealing everybody's hot-dogs even if she had to rip someone's eyes out, we named her Cleopatra.
I don't know who rubbed off of whom, but our personality's are quite similiar now that she has advanced in her years.
She's quite possessive of me{she finds it her job to chase everyone away to protect me}, and actually dislikes everybody in the house other than me. She particularly finds the dogs annoying, and even my cat-eating husky will run away from her when she's in one of her moods. She behaves quite well with Kiko, and seems indifferent with him around. But I never let him out when she's around anyway. She also finds it as her job to discipline every animal, so we have to be careful not to show your displeasure or anger towards the other animals when she's around, or she'll go after them.
As you can see, she always has an unamused look on her face:
tangie-albums-my-non-feathered-pets-picture12897-100-1889.jpg

tangie-albums-my-non-feathered-pets-picture12896-100-3749.jpg

Zero is my Siberian Husky. He is a very difficult dog to handle, and although I love him, I will never get another Husky. They are extremely hard to train because they are so stubborn, strong-willed, and smart. It's also crucial that you socialize them with other creatures and humans by birth. We did not do this, because he was already 1 and a half when we got him. We did try socializing after that, but it wasn't the same. He tolerates strange females when they come into the house{as long as he's not on a leash}, but with males it is a totally different subject. He wants nothing to do with them.

And then he is extremely prey driven to very small animals that he does not know. Like cats. I have to admit...he has killed one before. It was already wounded though, and it was feral and vicious. He has killed one of my ducklings as well, but after I gave him the worst death glare possible, he has actually smartened up a bit, and at least will not go after an animal if I am around. He is surprisingly terrified of Cleo because she chases him around the house, and wants nothing to do with her. She is the only cat he will never go after if she is outside. He is dominant is also very dominant and you need to show him you are boss always. He is very loveable and loyal to his mini pack. I love him to pieces, but he get's on my nerves all the time. xD
tangie-albums-my-non-feathered-pets-picture12898-100-1863.jpg

tangie-albums-my-non-feathered-pets-picture12899-100-1847.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Tangie

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
Omg, sorry for blabbing!:eek: