Thread: Sleep Cage
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 03:27 AM
Parrots:
Budgie, "Julie"
Wings is on a distinguished road
Re: Sleep Cage

I would get her a sturdy travel cage made for parrots, never get a pet carrier for dogs or cats. They can 1: chew through plastic or 2: if it is one of the cages to put dogs in when you are gone, has zinc that kills your bird. Make sure when you pick out a carrier, it is large enough to flap her wings, and put small food/water dishes in for night-time snacks, not to mention enough room to be comfy. I"m not too sure on the size but you will know when you see it. Hope I helped!

"I did not cost thousands to buy. I am not a rare species you can brag about owning. I am found everywhere. They call me a 'starter' bird. They call me a beginner's bird. I am all too often an impulse buy that can be dismissed when I am too much trouble. They do not understand me, and breed more of my kind, when so many are already looking for homes. They lock me away. Ignore me. Sell me. They don't see me, they don't know me.

I AM rare. The price tag that is placed on me and my size do not define me. I am the only one of me you'll ever meet. I do not think I am small. In my mind I am a large bird with a personality and intelligence to rival the magnificent macaw or the beautiful cockatoo. I am intelligent. I am affectionate. I too deserve a big cage, respect, love, medical treatment, and adoration.

I am irreplaceable. You will never find one like ME again. Do not define me by my size, commonness or price tag. Love me and I will show you that those macaws ain't got nothin on me!"