Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
This has been an ongoing issue with Maddox and his sneezing. It started in January, and I have taken him to the vet five times since. Two rounds of different antibiotics did not work, so I am at a complete loss. However, I am taking to the vet today to get a ton of diagnostic tests done, so hopefully, we can figure this out. It just kills me that my little guy hasn't been feeling well and that I haven't been able to do anything about it.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
How old is Maddox?

I had a problem with my Cockatiel Lucky of excess sneezing. Same problem, no medication helped him.

I will stay tuned to hear what you find out.
feathered hugs.
Wes

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I hope the vet is able to figure out what's going on, it's so hard when we can't help them.
I wonder if he needs a nasal flush?
Sending prayers that Maddox feels better soon.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
How old is Maddox?

I had a problem with my Cockatiel Lucky of excess sneezing. Same problem, no medication helped him.

I will stay tuned to hear what you find out.
feathered hugs.
Wes
Thanks for the support! He is a little over a year old.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
I hope the vet is able to figure out what's going on, it's so hard when we can't help them.
I wonder if he needs a nasal flush?
Sending prayers that Maddox feels better soon.
Yah that is one of the things they are doing today when I bring him in

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yah that is one of the things they are doing today when I bring him in
Oh good, I hope it helps! Please let us know how his vet visit goes.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
So the vet visit went well. They swabbed for a few different things and drained his sinuses. He seems a little better. As for that weird noise, the vet thinks it is deliberate and maybe behavioral. She seems to think he is trying to mimic something. I should have the test results next week. Here’s hoping we can figure this out!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Oh, I'm so happy that they seem to be closer to figuring out what's wrong!
Sending prayers that the results of the tests will also be a cause for celebration:)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So the vet visit went well. They swabbed for a few different things and drained his sinuses. He seems a little better. As for that weird noise, the vet thinks it is deliberate and maybe behavioral. She seems to think he is trying to mimic something. I should have the test results next week. Here’s hoping we can figure this out!
Maybe it's just a "bad habit" he's developed and there isn't really anything wrong with him. Or maybe it's just a mild environmental allergy.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
Maybe it's just a "bad habit" he's developed and there isn't really anything wrong with him. Or maybe it's just a mild environmental allergy.
That is the same thing the vet told me! I have to say, though, it's been two days, and I haven't heard him sneeze once! I'm not getting my hopes up, but it seems like he might be getting better.

OP
maddox

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Parrots
Maddox got the all-clear from the vet! Every test they did came back negative and he now is completely sneeze free! I have no idea what happened but I am so thankful that it did. I am so unbelievably relieved!

Most Reactions

Latest posts