First day out

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
The other day was Crickets first day out.. and to a huge surprise she didnt try to fight off me putting on the harness. Although I am not sure if it was tight enough on her.. Peta? how do I know if it is to loose? I got a Med. in size and it was at its smallest setting and still seemed to hang off her, I am at a loss

006.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Can you see where the harness looks like it is hanging too low?
004-1.jpg

005.jpg

This is where she was done looking pretty and desided to have a tantrum about the harness... this is about where I brough her in
5 min outting, not bad LOL

002-1.jpg

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah to cricket.

Is that a feather tether harness? Don't want to alarm you but if it is be very careful that Cricket doesn't undo one of the clips. Bucc had one and I was outside when I noticed that he had undone a clip :eek: :eek:

Right the harness should fit snugly on the bird and you should be able to fit you finger just in the harness. I see in the picture where it is hanging very loose, that would be a worry, as she could manage to get her leg through there.

Could you take a picture of the harness?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Does everywhere else fit snuggly. I just think the small will be too small for her, The one I have is a medium, and as I remember it, it used to fit him okay. But I haven't had it on him for nearly 2 years now.

Did you get it from a store or order it online. Would they change it over for you? or even let you try on a smaller size?

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Yes, I got it at a pet store. I dont know if I can return it because I bought it months ago. :(

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Maybe worth asking, and it was set to its smallest?

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Yeah I hate the feather tethers, since it almost choked Popsicle when she got her foot hooked and started to tighten it around her neck, and it is so bulky and heavy. I live by the Aviator Harness now (thanks again Peta) Easiest thing to get on and so light weight. I had Popsicle out for her first day but I never got any pictures yet, hopefully tomorrow. Even got a dog tag made for her just in case that I got hung around the wrist part. You never know what could happen while she is out, so it has my name and phone numbers on it.

Here's a pic of the front.

PopsicleTag.jpg

I know its a bone but I thought it was cute.

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
lol im too paranoid to let my birds outside. maybe that will change when get my BCC and sennie in september.;)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Love that idea Tracy, and you are so very welcome. :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
What a cutie she is. She is absolutely beautiful!!! Kodie loves it outside, he sits around for so long, especially when i just gave him a bath, he sits on his outside perch in the sun for almost half an hour! He loves it, i check up on him every now and then, he is actually such a good boy, never makes a move. But i check up on him every 5 minutes, to see if he hadnt fallen off or something.

Would like to have had him flighted, but with all the junk in this house he'll knock over everything, and with Pikkie that had flown away four times now, i dont want to take the chance.:eek:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah the Aviator is so good and easy to use, and even Bucc likes it. :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thats the one, He is a very nice man as well and his Hys are beautiful. :D :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
And I'm still Green with Envy. :D Don't forget to let us all know how it goes. :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Thanks nicole for the link ... looks like I need two now ... :eek::57:

Most Reactions

Latest posts