Not open for further replies.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Just wanted to vent for a second. I am in the process of getting a new car as my current one is a death trap. It's so hard finding a salesperson that actually respects me though. I am very clear about what I want and what I am willing to pay.

The first salesperson basically didn't want to help me because I am a girl, and the second salesperson tried to take advantage of me because I am a girl. I am sure that my age (and the fact that I look much less younger than my age) had something to do with it too.

I'm just extremely frustrated. Honestly, all the second car salesperson did was tell me the engine was *cute* and kept giving me compliments, etc. He even asked me how much I weigh.

Anybody else ever have a similar experience? Whether with a car salesperson or something else?

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
HAHAHAHAHA... yup.... but I managed to do it. And I put my foot down when it came down to it. Walked in and told them this is what I want and this is what I am going to pay for it and I want this for my trade in, couldnt give me what I wanted for my trade in and sold it off the street for a LOT more than what they were going to give me. But I bought brand new :p

not bad though I got a Scion Xa 2006 $14000+ I got my car loan through the bank (a lot cheaper) and pay less than $300 a month

Make sure if you buy used you take it to garage and machanic you know and trust... even if they hassel you about the request to do so they cant tell you no... and if they do walk out the door because there is something they dont want you know about it.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh yeah, we get that a lot over here, Treat the "little woman" like an idiot. I had that a lot with my computer man, who tried to convince me I had some something wrong. If I hadn't spoken to my brother I might have thought so too. :D When I told the engineer that it was "this" he laughed and said I should go and get on with the housework, :mad: Instead of doing that I phoned my brother up, who works with and knows all about computers, The idiot engineer didn't know quite what to do :D

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Maybe you should get a man to buy you a car.
Its easier than trying to do it yourself.
Just write down what you want and i will go down and tell them to find you a pretty one that you will like.
I will make sure it has all the important stuff like vanity mirrors in the right places etc.
Did u want something with a lot of room in the back, or were you planning on riding up front with the men? (Tart).
What would you like your car to be called? Tuloolah? Doris?
I know you wont want one with a clutch or anything complicated in it.
Now lets talk colour,... pink or a nice green?
Will your man or gardian allow you to drive it on your own in the driveway? coz I can have a phone book put on the front seat so you can see over the windscreen when you pretend to drive it. Im all for you gals driving in public as soon as they have those seperate roadways built for you shielas.
Welcome the world,.....man world. (its the only game in town).

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Its a good job then that us women know and understand more that most of you guys. :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Maybe you should get a man to buy you a car.
Its easier than trying to do it yourself.
Just write down what you want and i will go down and tell them to find you a pretty one that you will like.
I will make sure it has all the important stuff like vanity mirrors in the right places etc.
Did u want something with a lot of room in the back, or were you planning on riding up front with the men? (Tart).
What would you like your car to be called? Tuloolah? Doris?
I know you wont want one with a clutch or anything complicated in it.
Now lets talk colour,... pink or a nice green?
Will your man or gardian allow you to drive it on your own in the driveway? coz I can have a phone book put on the front seat so you can see over the windscreen when you pretend to drive it. Im all for you gals driving in public as soon as they have those seperate roadways built for you shielas.
Welcome the world,.....man world. (its the only game in town).

ok where is my soap box.....
angry-smiley-8031.gif
angry-smiley-8031.gif
angry-smiley-8031.gif
angry-smiley-8031.gif

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
The funny thing about America is if someone says
he laughed and said I should go and get on with the housework
you could sue thier asses off LOL :p

The sad part is people are sue crazy over here :rolleyes:

Dominique

Apr 10, 2007
Ga, USA
Parrots
Harley~B&G~F~3
Echo Bella~CAG~F~2
Lucy~Vos/SI Ekkie~F~8
Yes. Anytime I go out shopping with my friends, the guys behind the counter give us 'looks' and are always trying to belittle us. I hate it, considering I am tall and I look about a year to two years older than I am (as does my best friedn whom I shop with) and it's so frusterating! I can't buy an outfit without some guy looking you over. It feels like you're under a microscope!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yes. Anytime I go out shopping with my friends, the guys behind the counter give us 'looks' and are always trying to belittle us. I hate it, considering I am tall and I look about a year to two years older than I am (as does my best friedn whom I shop with) and it's so frusterating! I can't buy an outfit without some guy looking you over. It feels like you're under a microscope!

Oh don't we just love that, makes you just wanna go and thump them :56:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Not sure I should even jump in here ... so I am just going to watch this "men bashing" session unfold ...

now do you all understand why we need more guys around here? HEY! Who wants to help me start a women bashing thread .... *crickets chip* ... ANYONE ... *more crickets*... ANYONE ....

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
And just for the record, I sell things, electrical things ... and I will belittle anyone who deserves it ... be they male or female ... and I know that Christy could tell you about male customers who come into her store and don't think it's possible that she could know anything about electronics because she's female ...

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
now do you all understand why we need more guys around here? HEY! Who wants to help me start a women bashing thread .... *crickets chip* ... ANYONE ... *more crickets*... ANYONE ....

And if you start woman bashing thread, we will start a men bashing thread.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
What is the point of baiting you people if you wont bite?
No fun at all.

:D We know ya too well Red,

And just for the record, I sell things, electrical things ... and I will belittle anyone who deserves it ... be they male or female ... and I know that Christy could tell you about male customers who come into her store and don't think it's possible that she could know anything about electronics because she's female ...

Thats the problem right there, "JUST" because she's female, she couldn't possibly know anything about electronics, thats the attitude most women find so darn annoying. (I'm not impying that you are saying this btw)

There are also a LOT of men out there that don't belittle women just because they are women,

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Yeah, there was supposed to be sarcasm implied on that post ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Not sure I should even jump in here ... so I am just going to watch this "men bashing" session unfold ...

Hey only the nasy, male chavanistic ones and they deserve it anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions