Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Parrot Food, Recipes and Diet

Parrot Food, Recipes and Diet All discussions related to parrot food, recipes and diet.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
Thanked 1,173 Times in 524 Posts
Violet_Diva is on a distinguished road
Question Please Recommend Eclectus Seed Mix - (Usual One Discontinued)

Sponsored Links
All my usual eclectus seed mixes have vanished from the Internet!?!
I used to buy eclectus natural, or eclectus select and another one I can't remember the name of right now, and I now can't find any of them.

So it looks like I need to order something new!

What eclectus seed mix do you use or recommend???
The Following User Says Thank You to Violet_Diva For This Useful Post:
SailBoat  (05-16-2018)
Old 05-16-2018, 09:36 PM
Parrots:
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan), Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly), Bare Eyed Cockatoo (Folger), Sun (Loki), Green Cheeks (Monster & Monkey), Cockatiels (Rin & Ryner & Dante)
Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,097 Posts
riddick07 is on a distinguished road
Re: Please Recommend Eclectus Seed Mix - (Usual One Discontinued)

I was about to recommend the unpellet mix from Phoenix foraging then saw you are in England. Not sure she ships out of the country.

The ekkies at the shelter loved it.
https://www.phoenixforagingrolls.com...et-Mix-011.htm
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator
Parrots:
DYH Amazon
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,109 Posts
SailBoat is on a distinguished road

Well, as you know, I'm an Amazon Snob and also in the Great White North of North America. But maybe, you can use this information as a tool or guide.

We use what I call a full spectrum American (South, Central and Northern) blend and pull from it what I do not want my Amazon to have and what we have found that he just plain dislikes. What we pull out, we provide to friends with other South /Central America Parrot Owners, mostly Mac people since they seemly eat near everything with the exception of the small seeds. The Mix we look for, as stated above, is a full spectrum assortment of Seeds, Grains and Nuts. To this mix, at point of serving, we will add Amazon based pellets based around the needs of our Amazon (volume) and dried veggies and selected dried fruits (volume based on time of year). This represents the 'Dry Mix' provided in addition to the Fresh Veggies and Fruits (volume based on time of year).

We have found that we are buying more and more directly from the Manufacturer /Packager as the Big internet sources interest in providing 'Exotic Pet' products shifts widely. What will be available one time is gone the next. With them its all about the Number of Turns (how quickly it sells). What this all comes down to is that Specialty Mixes are going away and we need buy wide spectrum offering and pull out what our Parrots need and share with others, who are or will be having the same problem.

At present, we are buying Scarlett MardiGras, which is Manufactured by Moyer & Sons, Inc. Souderton, PA 18964 USA (800 345 0419) I understand that 800 numbers are useless from England, but a North American viewer can use it. Web Search Site and look at the offering and then look for like providers in England.

In each Morning's early light; there is a promise, an Amazon makes!

Last edited by SailBoat; 05-16-2018 at 10:13 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
TiredOldMan (05-17-2018), Violet_Diva Supporting Member (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 05:37 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)

Quote: Originally Posted by riddick07 View Post
I was about to recommend the unpellet mix from Phoenix foraging then saw you are in England. Not sure she ships out of the country.

The ekkies at the shelter loved it.
https://www.phoenixforagingrolls.com...et-Mix-011.htm
That looks interesting... I haven't seen it before!
I'll have a Google about and see if I can find any in England
Old 05-18-2018, 05:43 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:

Quote: Originally Posted by SailBoat View Post
Well, as you know, I'm an Amazon Snob and also in the Great White North of North America. But maybe, you can use this information as a tool or guide.

We use what I call a full spectrum American (South, Central and Northern) blend and pull from it what I do not want my Amazon to have and what we have found that he just plain dislikes. What we pull out, we provide to friends with other South /Central America Parrot Owners, mostly Mac people since they seemly eat near everything with the exception of the small seeds. The Mix we look for, as stated above, is a full spectrum assortment of Seeds, Grains and Nuts. To this mix, at point of serving, we will add Amazon based pellets based around the needs of our Amazon (volume) and dried veggies and selected dried fruits (volume based on time of year). This represents the 'Dry Mix' provided in addition to the Fresh Veggies and Fruits (volume based on time of year).

We have found that we are buying more and more directly from the Manufacturer /Packager as the Big internet sources interest in providing 'Exotic Pet' products shifts widely. What will be available one time is gone the next. With them its all about the Number of Turns (how quickly it sells). What this all comes down to is that Specialty Mixes are going away and we need buy wide spectrum offering and pull out what our Parrots need and share with others, who are or will be having the same problem.

At present, we are buying Scarlett MardiGras, which is Manufactured by Moyer & Sons, Inc. Souderton, PA 18964 USA (800 345 0419) I understand that 800 numbers are useless from England, but a North American viewer can use it. Web Search Site and look at the offering and then look for like providers in England.
I wonder if it's worth me making my own ekkie mix then if the speciality mixes aren't popular enough to stick around. I'll see if I can find ingredient lists for previous mixes I've bought, and buy some small batches of seeds and nuts to mix myself. With eclectus I need no peanuts, low nuts, low or no sunflower, so most mixes aren't that great. Maybe making my own will be fun?!? Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Parrot Food, Recipes and Diet
Remove Ads