Parrot Forum Header Left  
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Parrots:
Male Pineapple GCC- Leo * Male Blue Quaker- Bluebell * Male Green Quaker- Avocado
MMARC234 is on a distinguished road
Looking for better room lighting

So I’ve officially had enough of the bird room’s funky lighting (lit by 3 small E12 incandescent lights on the ceiling fan), and I’m looking for a decent upgrade. I’m thinking two 4ft fixtures that could be linked with a led 5000k light? What would y’all recommend?

Edit: they would be placed above their cages, at least 4ft away.

Penny- poodle * Lucky- poodle * Brutus- lab/chow mix * Kit-Kat- blue tongue skink * Raf- striped raphael catfish * Silly Fish- blood parrot fish * Don (Madonna)- blood parrot fish * Double- oscar fish * Finian- goldfish * Splotch- goldfish * Dot- goldfish * Tip- goldfish * Sprite- yellow glofish rainbow shark * Jim- chicken * Dixie- chicken * Pearl- chicken
Old 11-05-2019, 12:27 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Thanked 10,929 Times in 5,151 Posts
Flboy is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for better room lighting

If your fan will support led bulbs.
https://www.amazon.com/Daylight-Bulb...26571699&psc=1
SailBoat Supporting Member (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Supporting Member
Parrots:
DYH Amazon
Thanked 24,967 Times in 8,466 Posts
SailBoat will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for better room lighting

I really like David's suggest above!

Personally, I think you are overkilling the application unless you have a large dark room you are attempt to light. As, the units you are considering will place a larger amount of Daylight level light into an average size room, with commonly lighter wall colorings and a couple of windows.

So, before you begin down this road to a light level that is comfortable for everyone and just as important: ADJUSTABLE. What side room do you have. What uses are common in the room and how often will it need to be lite.

At present, you have a ceiling fixture with a fan and light fixture. If you can use David's recommendation, "Please first Read the Maximum Bulb Size (provided in watts) that the light fixture can except." NO NOT place larger watt bulbs than stated on the Fixture!!! This would represent a Fire Hazard.

NOTE: Daylight LED Bulbs can easily provide to much light for evening /night time use as they 'can' trick the mind into believing that it is High Noon and that over time will resent one's body clock, which can lead to sleep problems.

I like either floor or table lamps as they can be moved to improve lighting in different areas of the room and the number used can adjust light by increasing the number of lamps turned-on. Also, always use shades to direct light up or down for general lighting (up) or specific lighting (reading lamp) (down).

I strongly recommend (whenever possible) to used Dimming Light Fixtures as they allow greater adjustment of available light. Remember that you MUST buy LED light bulbs that are designed to be dimmed!!!

Placing light bulbs too close to you Parrot and yourself: In a table lamp fixture, set the bulb the distant you place to use it from yourself or your Parrot. Looking at the bulb, turn and and and quickly turn it off. If you have blank stops, its to close to your and your Parrots face!!!

Warning: Too much light, too close to the eyes can cause blindness!

In each Morning's early light; there is a promise, an Amazon makes!
The Following User Says Thank You to SailBoat For This Useful Post:
Flboy Supporting Member (11-07-2019)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community > Community > Questions and Answers