1 month old parrot sleepy since two days and eats little

JidPatil

Apr 23, 2020
I rescued a baby parrot, I don't know if it's a ringneck. I named it kiwi. It has been with me for a month now, it has just grown it's feathers very little hair on head. The wing feathers are dark green but the feathers on crop and stomach are white. Also it has been very sleepy for past two days, and has not been eating much. It is pooping properly. I am also giving avian vitamins and immune care meds to it. But it doesn't play as much as it did two days ago. What could be the problem?

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Where are you located in the world?

Baby parrots are very fragile and need to be constantly warm especially throughout the night. How are you keeping it warm during this time? Do you have a brooder, or just keep it in a box? They need around 95-100 degrees F around the clock until they are fully feathered. What kind of food are you feeding? What is the consistency of the food and how warm is it? The food should also be served hot, as in no colder than 100 degrees F., no hotter than 110 F. How warm is your formula?

OP
J

JidPatil

Apr 23, 2020
I am from India. I keep him in a box with cotton cloth inside it which a change in the morning and evening. And during night I wrap the box outside on the sides with blantket leaving some space open for ventilation. I give him fruit juices and few pulses which are boiled and then smashed. I cool it down before giving. Right now not many things are available due to quarantine since I found it in my village. I am working with whatever I have.

OP
J

JidPatil

Apr 23, 2020
I don't think it's just one month old, he had his wings feathers when I found him, and since a month more feathers have developed in rest of the body, but his head has very little feathers.

Most Reactions

Latest posts