10 weeks!

Shae26

May 30, 2015
Bathurst, NSW Australia
Parrots
Odie, Luna, Zoe & Panda (cockatiels), Oscar (rainbow lorikeet), Bandit (green cheek conure),
Indy (indian ringneck), Max (Eclectus)
Max is 10 weeks old now. I can't believe the time has gone so fast!

image.jpg

He is huge compared to his 12 month old Cockatiel sister, Zoe.
image.jpg

I bought him a harness so that I can take him out!
maxie.jpg

He took it like an absolute pro. No fuss whatsoever! So proud.

And here's a video of him from this morning.. Getting ready for his first flight XD
[ame="https://youtu.be/yhQ1hRvYLwY"]10 week old eclectus flapping - YouTube[/ame]

He is starting to get difficult to feed so fledging is definitely near. I am really excited but I am also a teeny bit terrified LOL! I'm so used to my tiny babies fledging like cockatiels and lorikeets. Big ol' Max is a whole different ball game.. He is MASSIVE compared to my usual fledglings :p

I took him out the front on my hand today for a little wander around the front yard. He was SO HAPPY looking at all the things. And I heard my neighbour across the street shout to her husband "OMG JACKSON LOOK AT THAT HUGE BIRD" hahaha. Eclectus aren't very common around these parts.

I am so in love :):):)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Well look at Max! :11: It's quite easy to see why you're so in love. :heart: Max is truly stunning, boy oh boy how he's grown! :D

LOVE the flapping video! Yup, he'll be airborne in no time now! :)

It's awesome you are getting him used to the harness.

Sweet update!!

OP
Shae26

Shae26

May 30, 2015
Bathurst, NSW Australia
Parrots
Odie, Luna, Zoe & Panda (cockatiels), Oscar (rainbow lorikeet), Bandit (green cheek conure),
LOOK YOU GUYS!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKhJM-3YPQs"]10 week old eclectus flight - YouTube[/ame]

Please excuse how messy my living room is.. My husband has been toying with his car today so his crap is sprawled all over lol.

But OMG I am so freaking proud of Max!! Like I am beaming I am so proud! My little man is growing up!!

It also makes me feel a ton better about the fact that he hasn't been eating much lately. I took him to the vet and she said he's fine and probably just approaching fledging (he's been funny about eating for around a week now) but it just seemed too early. This is very reassuring that i'm not doing something wrong lol!

ClatteringConure

Mar 18, 2016
USA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure: Loki | Mauve Budgie: Sturm | Violet Green Budgie: Raine | White-Faced Cockatiel: Shade *Gone but not forgotten*
Aw, Max is so very freaking adorable! The flapping video was also so very adorable! Glad to know the vet thinks Max is fine.

Nice video of him flying! Congrats!

Congratulations on such a fine boy! :)

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Max is 10 weeks old now. I can't believe the time has gone so fast!

image.jpg

He is huge compared to his 12 month old Cockatiel sister, Zoe.
image.jpg

I bought him a harness so that I can take him out!
maxie.jpg

He took it like an absolute pro. No fuss whatsoever! So proud.

And here's a video of him from this morning.. Getting ready for his first flight XD
10 week old eclectus flapping - YouTube

He is starting to get difficult to feed so fledging is definitely near. I am really excited but I am also a teeny bit terrified LOL! I'm so used to my tiny babies fledging like cockatiels and lorikeets. Big ol' Max is a whole different ball game.. He is MASSIVE compared to my usual fledglings :p

I took him out the front on my hand today for a little wander around the front yard. He was SO HAPPY looking at all the things. And I heard my neighbour across the street shout to her husband "OMG JACKSON LOOK AT THAT HUGE BIRD" hahaha. Eclectus aren't very common around these parts.

I am so in love :):):)

Hi Shae, thanks for the lovely pictures of Max and wow how he's grown over the weeks hasn't he? How can you not fall in love with him, totally adorable?

I presume that you hadn't just sprayed him with that tin of RAID in the background, did you. LOL :confused:

Have you updated yourself on what is toxic and a poison in the home?
Will paste a link, please have a look over for me? :)

http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/449-toxic-list-our-birds.html

He is very precious indeed.

Last edited:

Uglow

Jan 19, 2016
Chicago
Parrots
I can't believe how yellow his beak is? He's very very cute. love how they look at this age.

OP
Shae26

Shae26

May 30, 2015
Bathurst, NSW Australia
Parrots
Haha no, the Raid is purely for outdoor use. My husband is a car nut (lucky me) and he spends a lot of his spare time outside mucking around with his cars and he takes a can of Raid out with him to fend off the mosquitoes (and flies during the warm days)

I am very educated on what I can and can't use around my fids (I have enough of them LOL) but thank you for the link! I will check it out just to be sure. Doesn't hurt to take a refresher every now and then right?

This wasn't his maiden flight, but his 3rd. His maiden flight was very unexpected LOL. Everyone kept telling me his first flight would be random and come out of nowhere, and I thought I was somewhat prepared after seeing SO MANY maiden flights from my other babies.. They usually all put some effort into their prep and trials and I can see it coming.. Max was just "i'm here, I want to be over there, lets go" and BAM big green monster coming my way! Lmao.

I am also LOVING how yellow his beak is already!! He's starting to look all grown up already lol!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Haha no, the Raid is purely for outdoor use. My husband is a car nut (lucky me) and he spends a lot of his spare time outside mucking around with his cars and he takes a can of Raid out with him to fend off the mosquitoes (and flies during the warm days)

I am very educated on what I can and can't use around my fids (I have enough of them LOL) but thank you for the link! I will check it out just to be sure. Doesn't hurt to take a refresher every now and then right?

This wasn't his maiden flight, but his 3rd. His maiden flight was very unexpected LOL. Everyone kept telling me his first flight would be random and come out of nowhere, and I thought I was somewhat prepared after seeing SO MANY maiden flights from my other babies.. They usually all put some effort into their prep and trials and I can see it coming.. Max was just "i'm here, I want to be over there, lets go" and BAM big green monster coming my way! Lmao.

I am also LOVING how yellow his beak is already!! He's starting to look all grown up already lol!

Hi thanks, and thanks again :)

He is so gorgeous I am totally smitten and very jealous - keep up the good work with him :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sweet! Loved the videos! Such a beautiful thing to see your bird fly for the first time, no? Actually, I find it beautiful EVERY time, but the wonder of the first is something else.

How much is he weighing, now?

And his beak is striking! 10 weeks and all the black is already nearly gone? Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Most Reactions