2 quakers in the pacific northwest

NWQuakers

Jan 6, 2013
Everson, WA
Parrots
Lucky, Quaker, abt 18/male?
Previous birds: 2 Quakers, 2 budgies, Nanday conure, Indian ringneck, 2 tiels, Red Lory, 300+ finches.
Hi all,

I'm up north in Washington state, not far from the Canadian border. My household consists of 2 humans, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 horse, 50 chickens, and 2 naughty Quaker parrots.

Mark is a 21 yr old female quaker that has been with me for 20 years. Lucky is another quaker that flew into a friend's backyard about 8 yrs ago and came to our house about 3 yrs ago.

Mark doesn't talk much, but knows a few trick like taking a bow, waving, flapping on command. Lucky talks a lot, and swears like a sailor, much to everyone's delight.

Mark is currently not feeling well, and I posted about her troubles in the health forum. I hope to share more about them being happy healthy parrots soon.

Last edited:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
"My household consists of 2 humans, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 horse, 50 chickens, and 2 naughty Quaker parrots." I'd hate to keep house there.....you're to be commended!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum. sounds like a fun place to be. I miss having chickens. Can't beat the taste of fresh eggs especially if you can free range them.:D:)

OP
NWQuakers

NWQuakers

Jan 6, 2013
Everson, WA
Parrots
Previous birds: 2 Quakers, 2 budgies, Nanday conure, Indian ringneck, 2 tiels, Red Lory, 300+ finches.
Last edited:
OP
NWQuakers

NWQuakers

Jan 6, 2013
Everson, WA
Parrots
Here's Lucky on a rant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IVxbOIDcAJo]Lucky's 5 minute rampage - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions