2 years alexander parrot

Papaganaskina

Jul 1, 2023
Parrots
Alexander parrot and Indian ringneck
hello everyone. I have a 2 year old alexander parrot. He has been with me for 1 year. everyone looks like a male physically, but if the ring does not form before the age of one and a half, the bird says female. not a single black feather around the neck. but today I saw a few black/dark gray feathers just to the right and left of its beak. Does the ring of alexander parrot start right from the beak?

Attachments

• IMG_20230701_213247.jpg
    IMG_20230701_213247.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20230701_212524.jpg
    IMG_20230701_212524.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 28

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Cotton already had his mustache and eye bar when I met him, but I've watched a bunch of videos of how Indian ringnecks look when they molt since Cotton looks so rough during his.

They do seem to molt at the face first, and get the eye bar before the rest of the ring. Some of the videos and pictures I saw, it seemed like they get the pink feathers before the black feathers sometimes- I'm not sure how that would work in an Alexandrine though.

Here's a video that shows the start of the ring coming in:

@Papaganaskina Your alexandrine is very cute! Hopefully you can keep taking photos to show us what it looks like if his ring comes in!

OP
Papaganaskina

Papaganaskina

Jul 1, 2023
Parrots
Alexander parrot and Indian ringneck
Forumlara hoş geldiniz!

Ne düşündüğünü görmek için ARN sahibi bir üyeyi etiketleyeyim!

@Cottonoid
teşekkür ederim ⭐
Cotton already had his mustache and eye bar when I met him, but I've watched a bunch of videos of how Indian ringnecks look when they molt since Cotton looks so rough during his.

They do seem to molt at the face first, and get the eye bar before the rest of the ring. Some of the videos and pictures I saw, it seemed like they get the pink feathers before the black feathers sometimes- I'm not sure how that would work in an Alexandrine though.

Here's a video that shows the start of the ring coming in:

@Papaganaskina Your alexandrine is very cute! Hopefully you can keep taking photos to show us what it looks like if his ring comes in!
Thank you so much 🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts