Meet Miss Mango and I ! + Nutrition advice?

LittleLilacs

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Miss Mango Butt - Sun Conure
Hello everyone! I decided to join parrot forums because I've been lurking and reading posts but wanted to make a post of my own.
I grew up with birds and have always had a soft spot for feathered friends, so when I saw Miss Mango I knew she just had to be mine. She was born in August and I got her in December, she loves everyone but is still in her baby bird phase of "I don't know how strong my beak is", so she freaks out some people that don't know her.

Diet: Miss Mango is currently eating 3 Tsp (12.55 g) of Harrison's Lifetime Fine, Roughly 1/2 Tbsp (6.28 g) of lightly crushed Caitec oven fresh bite pellets, 1 or 2 Conure Nutriberries , and about 1/2 Tbsp (6.28 g) of GoldenFeast South American Blend. She also gets some amount of fresh foods daily, including vegetables, fruits, legumes, and whatever tiny nibbles she steals off my plate from time to time.

She is also molting right now simply because my house is warm enough that she thinks its spring (Her vet said that its earlier than usual but won't cause any health problems) and I'm wondering if I should supplement anything else to help her through her molt.

Nice to meet you all !

Attachments

• tempImageOf3NkR.png
    tempImageOf3NkR.png
    842.6 KB · Views: 7

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
What a sweet looking baby!

Her diet sounds good to me, does she eat the full amount of food you’re giving her or is there some left over?

OP
L

LittleLilacs

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Miss Mango Butt - Sun Conure
What a sweet looking baby!

Her diet sounds good to me, does she eat the full amount of food you’re giving her or is there some left over?
she eats just about everything by 7 pm (i give her fresh food around 8am). If she runs out i give her a little more harrisons!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome to you and Miss Mango! I'm really happy you joined us:)
The only thing I've ever done to help with a molt is to help my birds open the pin feathers when they're ready (if needed).
I'm really looking forward to hearing about your journey with your new baby ❤️

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Welcome aboard

Phoenix was around the same age when he came home.
I really suggest a gram scale if you don't have one. Weigh after that first big poo in the morning. This is the easiest way to make sure that they are actually eating. Also birds hide any sickness till the end almost. By weighing every day and keeping a record you can spot anything loss or gain.
20190905_144218.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts