@#$57*y^$!!...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
....sighhhhh....:eek:...BB...he is sick again! His poo is back to being nasty. I am slowly reducing his 'teil seed and almost completely eliminated his millet..It looks like he has been sampling his pellets,and he is eating/tasting more "good" grub..but he goes right for his "mcdonalds"food (the little tiel seed I do give him)
I don't want to starve the little boy,and when he does eat healthy its a nib here and there.
I think I'm going to have to make another appointment with his doc..maybe he needs stronger meds..I don't know.

I find myself thinking about him constantly...worrying my head to the point I can't sleep well :52:
I'll see if I can get him in Friday...he acts fine,happy,lovey,charming little self.

Jim

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
no! Not the Beebs!

Oh I do hope you get to the bottom of things and get his health in a good place

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww Jim, I'm sorry to hear about BB. I hope a vet visit will get the Beebs back on track. He's a lucky fellow to have the best of care, I know you're doing everything possible to help him get better. Please keep us updated, we're all concerned for our boy.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh my. I know this is so hard, thinking of you all and BB. Keep us posted please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Very sorry to hear that Beebs is having ugly poo again!

Not standing in front of a Vet visit! You're call on timing, after all you have Beebs in front of you!

A repeat this quickly could signal a 'hot spot' in his general area that could be or have a higher percentage of bacterial, etc... It maybe well worth the effort to do an extensive top to bottom deep cleaning, as a just in case thing of the entire Bird Area!

It will at least keep your mind busy!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Very sorry to hear that Beebs is having ugly poo again!

Not standing in front of a Vet visit! You're call on timing, after all you have Beebs in front of you!

A repeat this quickly could signal a 'hot spot' in his general area that could be or have a higher percentage of bacterial, etc... It maybe well worth the effort to do an extensive top to bottom deep cleaning, as a just in case thing of the entire Bird Area!

It will at least keep your mind busy!

Steven,my friend,you bring up a good point,thank you! I clean his cage regularly and change his papers every other day..It may just be the time to take his house outside and literally "scrub the crap" out of it!
That will be accomplished tomorrow!

Jim

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
maybe a handheld steam cleaner to give it a good scrubbing? Not the cheapest items but they do work. Maybe you could even get beebs outside in a travel cage or something for a nice summer afternoon with you soaking in some of them lovely UV rays

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

maybe a handheld steam cleaner to give it a good scrubbing? Not the cheapest items but they do work. Maybe you could even get beebs outside in a travel cage or something for a nice summer afternoon with you soaking in some of them lovely UV rays

I have one! that's what I use to clean his and Amys houses...Then I'm taking his house to the car wash ( my car could use a bath too) and use the high power wand a spray it down good

Jim

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
I would like to chime in here with a comment.
Fully agree on scrubbing and bird safe sanitizing everything given the recurring condition.
The comment about the car wash concerns me since many of them recycle their water and rinsing the cage may leave behind soaps, grease, oils from the wash bays.
Just something to consider.

Thanks Kelly and Karl

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Hugs to you and Beebs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am so sorry to hear your BB has come up sick again.
Praying you get to the bottom of this real soon.

wes

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I would like to chime in here with a comment.
Fully agree on scrubbing and bird safe sanitizing everything given the recurring condition.
The comment about the car wash concerns me since many of them recycle their water and rinsing the cage may leave behind soaps, grease, oils from the wash bays.
Just something to consider.

Thanks Kelly and Karl
Good point! Hit it with your steam cleaner after!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Beebs! Perhaps a second course of a different antibiotic will do the trick!

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
Since you said he likes his junk food and only picks at his healthy food it made me wonder if birds are like dogs.

I've always had dogs and while they would prefer canned food I've always given them a daily diet of healthy dry food along with occasional table scraps and treats. They never starved themselves over it, they just ate what they got. Same thing with my kids, you don't like what's for dinner then don't eat it. They never starved to death either lol.

I was wondering if birds are the same too or will they literally starve themselves if they don't like the healthy food that is fed to them?

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I think that if the bird knows to eat good food and junk food and you remove the junk food, the bird will not starve. But if the bird has never eaten good food and you remove the junk food he may starve because he has never been exposed to good foods. He may not know what to do with veggies or fruits. It also depends on how stubborn your parrot is. That's what I think.

Most Reactions

Latest posts