A call for help: Biting

HusseinBerjaoui

May 21, 2013
Lebanon
Parrots
Mango - Poicephalus Jardine
So my medium sized parrot, which have been here since a month, is not sociable at all. He doesn't wistle, doesn't scream. Accepts treats from hand, accepts touches in certain timed but a good biter most of the times.
I need to be provided with maximum help, please. I need links, videos, and everything realted to how to stop him from biting. I don't need to read information because I already did and a lot, I just need to stop him from biting so I can do the other training steps properly.
P.S. I need a new technique than the clicker, because he can't understand its principles.
It's really frustrating, he is a re-homed bird and he didn't change since the day he came here so I think I shouldn't wait any longer.
Again, if you can, please help me. Share your secrets, I'm in a serious need.

Grinder

Jan 26, 2013
East Coast, U.S.
Parrots
Military Macaw - 'Lady",
GW Macaw - "Jazzy"
You've said that you read a lot already so I'm guessing you missed the many topics that say you need to be PATIENT. You cannot and should not expect this bird to simply change for a new owner. This could take months or even years, but you have to be PATIENT. This poor bird is probably still trying to figure out where it fits within your 'flock'.

That being said, along with being PATIENT you should not put yourself into a situation that allows yourself to be bitten.

You said you didn't need to read anymore information so I will end this post now.

Most Reactions