A Dangerous New Liaison

Moose

Feb 17, 2016
I'm sorry you suffered a bite, especially on the lip (OUCH) but your story was very well written and definitely made me laugh.

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww, thanks People! Our quakers are a constant source of laughter, seems only fair to share the joy, lol.

Bites happen, I never take it personally. I was over it shortly after the attack. I thought Sammy was past it too but this afternoon I had to confine the flock to their cages to run errands. When I returned, I discovered Sammy had barricaded the door of his cage with his building sticks. You'd think I bit him.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahahahaha! Wow! Some of us put up metaphorical barricades, but Sammy is obviously a whole lot more... literal!

He cracks me up!

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Sorry to hear that you got chomped. :( Maybe it's the phase of the moon, or a Quaker conspiracy. I just heard of someone else whose QP named Clyde chomped her on the lip.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
OMGGGGGG!!!!!!! I am so sorry for laughing. I know that beak hurt, but their antics, WOW! I hope you are doing OK. And sorry but thanks for the belly laugh.

Leena

Mar 31, 2015
India
Parrots
Alexandrine - Rio, Budgies - Blu and Tweety
I read your Poppy updates to my six year old girl and she loves them . Its our bedtime ritual. She has renamed Rio to Poppy and has confused the green feather brain. Rio bellows out "POOOOPPYYYY" now and then the entire day. Hope your bruise has healed but I am sorry I had to laugh

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What in the world, Allee????

image_zpsrc5avhvl.jpg

How were you able to open the door without ruining Sammy's...ahem....wigwam? :54:

Please, don't ever provide him with nails and a hammer, as I'm afraid he'd barricade himself in permanently. :D (For the sensitive one: That was a joke)

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Sorry to hear that you got chomped. :( Maybe it's the phase of the moon, or a Quaker conspiracy. I just heard of someone else whose QP named Clyde chomped her on the lip.

Whhhattttt? Not the adorable Clyde??? Hard to believe a quaker would chomp their human!

I read your Poppy updates to my six year old girl and she loves them . Its our bedtime ritual. She has renamed Rio to Poppy and has confused the green feather brain. Rio bellows out "POOOOPPYYYY" now and then the entire day. Hope your bruise has healed but I am sorry I had to laugh

Thank you!!! That is so very sweet! :) :) :)

What in the world, Allee????

image_zpsrc5avhvl.jpg

How were you able to open the door without ruining Sammy's...ahem....wigwam? :54:

Please, don't ever provide him with nails and a hammer, as I'm afraid he'd barricade himself in permanently. :D (For the sensitive one: That was a joke)

Wendy and Doc! Sammy's construction skills are getting more sophisticated, as you can see. The quaker corner looks and sounds like a construction site most evenings. Harry supplies sound effects imitating a drill while Sammy builds ahem, "wigwams". He didn't really think yesterday's project through, he may have three other doors but he boarded up his treat cup while barricading his front entrance.

I have to take down a lot of Sammy's "wigwams" in the interest of logistics and sanitation. He's so funny, I ask him, 'Did you build this, Sammy? It's amazing," and he stands up as tall he can and says, "Thank You".

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Love it, wig ways, lol. Sammy is a cleve little guy.

flyingron

Jan 3, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Parrots
Bacca (Quaker)
After one rare bite I put Bacca in her cage. A few minutes later (I was out of sight in the next room) I could hear her saying "Good bird, Good Bacca." No Bacca, you were not a good bird, that's why you're in the cage.

Most Reactions