A Little Coqui Update

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I can't believe I have not posted a new threads about my fids, aside from my Savannah's birthday, since the end of January. I've been a busy bee at my candy shop during the holiday season. So I am making an attempt to update everyone on each of my fids! Here is an update on my Coqui who I adopted in October.

Coqui has been adjusting very well to her new home. We've had her for almost 8 months now! Can't believe it. She has had many milestones.
To Grandmother's House We Go!
10268601_10201740584051599_5511143267130984362_n.jpg

I got Coqui In A Harness!! Yaaay!
10259801_10201824577151374_6182533145173217443_n.jpg

10300764_10201824577551384_500893944511423403_n.jpg

Coqui enjoying the outdoors.
May+2014+Phone+107.jpg

May+2014+Phone+111.jpg

IMAG2138.jpg

Coqui goes to one of my daughters baseball games. Her first real outing outside of the store and grandmas house. Her first time riding on Savannahs car perch. She was a little startled when we started driving and ended up in my lap the entire 5 minute drive to school. LOL
IMAG2507.jpg

IMAG2505.jpg

I finally got Coqui to take a shower! I was using a spray bottle up until this point! Here she is afterwards.
IMAG2571.jpg

We had a customer come into the shop that was deathly afraid of birds. So I offered to take Coqui in the other room. We have a uhaul dealership and self storage, too. So Coqui played on the boxes in the other room. She discovered Marcus' fort he made and a small hole she made bigger and kept sticker her head through the hole. Such a silly girl!
IMAG2681.jpg

IMAG2680.jpg

All in all, Coqui is doing very well adjusting to life in our household. We just love her mischievous nature and funny antics! She is definitely my perpetual 2 year old!! LOL!
If you would like to see more photos of Coqui or my fids I have started a blog about my birds. Go to: The Sweet Life Of A Parrot

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
@ the hole Coqui chewed. That's hilarious!!!

WOW, Blanca, she's come SUCH a long way! :eek: I LOVE that you can get her into a harness. How is she when it's time to take it off?

And I LOL'ed at her ending up in your lap to the drive to school. :D

All your fids are phenomenal! They were SO lucky to have found you and your lovely family. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Coqui looks like she's having a great time on her field trip even if she needed the safety of her mom's lap for part of the ride. Hard to believe she's only been with you for eight months. So good to see such happy feathered family members.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Seems like she's adjusted quite well with you guys!!! Time flies....Lola have been with us for a year now....You got Coqui not too long after I got Lola back then....I think they can be sisters cause Lola is silly like Coqui.... :)

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
@ the hole Coqui chewed. That's hilarious!!!

WOW, Blanca, she's come SUCH a long way! :eek: I LOVE that you can get her into a harness. How is she when it's time to take it off?

And I LOL'ed at her ending up in your lap to the drive to school. :D

All your fids are phenomenal! They were SO lucky to have found you and your lovely family. :)

Awww, thanks Wendy. We were glad to find them! They have made our family complete!
We were having so much fun watching her poke her head through that box! She is so darn cute!
When I take the harness off, I have to distract her or she goes after my hands with her beak! [emoji33] But she gets distracted easily, so that makes it easier! Lol!
One of the reasons I don't let her ride in the car much without her carrier is because of her mischievous nature! She kept trying to grab the steering wheel! [emoji48]

Coqui looks like she's having a great time on her field trip even if she needed the safety of her mom's lap for part of the ride. Hard to believe she's only been with you for eight months. So good to see such happy feathered family members.

Thanks Allee! Coqui has such a fun personality, we've been enjoying her immensely! [emoji1]

Seems like she's adjusted quite well with you guys!!! Time flies....Lola have been with us for a year now....You got Coqui not too long after I got Lola back then....I think they can be sisters cause Lola is silly like Coqui.... :)

Yes she has Mikey! Yes, time does fly, way too fast sometimes! Lol! I think you are right on the sisters thing! They are definitely silly girls! How is Lola doing these days?

Last edited:

Most Reactions