A quail question

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I've posted a similar question in the Alexandrines forum, but I'm also wondering whether anyone out there has quail in the cage with their lovebirds. I was considering putting a pair of King Quail in with my lovies to eat up the food they waste. I know the lovies can be pretty territorial at times, but I've no idea whether they'd attack a couple of small quail on the floor of their cage. The floor area is about 1.5m x 70cm: too small for King Quail? I'd love to hear from other members who can answer my questions! :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I've put them in with amazons,cockatiels,TAGs, etc. none of the birds paid any attention to the quail. Quail are good for mice also. My biggest complaints with quail are the smell and they lay lots of eggs ,every day. It's a lot of work to make a meal with quail eggs,LOL.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
LoL@henpecked

Yay someone else agrees with me that they stink.....

Most Reactions