A question about temperatures

Mojo2

Dec 28, 2012
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Mojo
I recently got a Congo African Grey, I am afraid that it will be to cold in our house. Does anyone know how warm I should have my African Grey?

OP
M

Mojo2

Dec 28, 2012
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Mojo
That makes sense, thank you MrsWharfrat!

Last edited:

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
I keep the bird room at 64 degrees F.

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
I think that you can't make a bath to you bird unless the temperature is 21 C.

Zkyevolved

Jan 2, 2013
I just moved last year to a new house after winter, and this winter the gas bill is incredible. So we're trying to lower the temperature of the house when we're not home. Is 16.5 C or 62F too low for my bird at night? Right now at night we have the house at 17.5C or 64F when we sleep, and 19/20C or 66/68F. So for the 6-7 hours that we sleep, we'd like to lower the temperature. Are these tolerable for my parrot?

Thank you very much!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I just moved last year to a new house after winter, and this winter the gas bill is incredible. So we're trying to lower the temperature of the house when we're not home. Is 16.5 C or 62F too low for my bird at night? Right now at night we have the house at 17.5C or 64F when we sleep, and 19/20C or 66/68F. So for the 6-7 hours that we sleep, we'd like to lower the temperature. Are these tolerable for my parrot?

Thank you very much!

Yes, those temperatures are absolutely fine. :)

gizzygirl

Jul 23, 2013
MO
Parrots
Ayla, Jondalar (tiels), Lucy ( BG macaw), Phoenix (Camilla macaw), n Gizmo, Annie (Goffin toos)
I'd freeze! We keep ours at 75 :)

Zumaria

Sep 30, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Jenga
My house is 70, but I was told that if I was comfortable that she would be comfortable.

That being said I just got my HUGE FREAKING GAS BILL. I think tonight the heat will go down quite a bit and Jenga is going to get a heater in her room. Electricity = cheaper than gas.

Zkyevolved

Jan 2, 2013
My house is 70, but I was told that if I was comfortable that she would be comfortable.

That being said I just got my HUGE FREAKING GAS BILL. I think tonight the heat will go down quite a bit and Jenga is going to get a heater in her room. Electricity = cheaper than gas.

How funny. Here in Spain gas is cheaper than electricity! Haha. I was thinking about electric heating just for one room instead of heating the entire house. Let's see how it goes!

Most Reactions

Latest posts