A service in Orlando Florida

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
Hi I went on oogie.com to search for a CAG in New Jersey and found an ad that had from Jersey City cool local but the contact number was out of state.they got back to me and they in Orlando FL. Texting the person and he said they ship to my door can't see how this doesn't stress the crap out of the animal.then started thinking if this was a scam or not? Has anyone ever done this before?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sounds VERY scammy to me, especially if they claim to 'ship to your door'. Of course parrots can be shipped via airlines. But you have to pick them up at the airport.

Do NOT wire any money. Do NOT give them your credit card information.

Seeing that you are in NJ, we have several bird specialty stores that sell African Greys. If you are looking for a 'deal', be very, VERY careful when searching online.

You can also check out www.birdbreeders.com

OP
Jerseyjeff62

Jerseyjeff62

Sep 11, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
parakeet 20yrs(RIP PETEY),Gracie a TAG
The more I talked to him the more scammer it got,told him was too risky for me.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
If you can, report his butt! Not that it will make a world of a difference, but the more people report scammers, the better.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I am in Orlando and did a simple search on this, you would not beleave how many listings are tied to this ring! Just search, parrot Orlando
I should contact them and say I will be right over to pick one up!

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Always google the number, I guarantee it'll show up all over the web attached to various scammy posts.

Check out birdbreeders as Wendy said, and I'm not sure where you're located in Jersey, but there's Bird Paradise and Todd Marcus closer to me over in Philly, though it's better to go right through the breeder. Todd Marcus does do cosignment on birds though, so it's worth a look sometimes.

Most Reactions