AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
My mother recently spent a day or 2 in a rehab center.
My mother is a retired nurse who ran the front and back office at a family practice Dr. After that she worked in quality control practices for different hospitals.
While my mother was studying at the Bryman school my Sister and I helped her study for tests. We learned a lot, anyway.

She said that the rehab center was the worst place she ever had to stay and she checked herself out of the place rather than stay one more minute. If you think hospital food is bad the rehab place was worse. When they bothered to give you food it was cold. The meds they were scheduled to give her would not show up on time.

Lucky for my mother her....significant other is also a former nurse and was able to care for her during her recovery.

I do hope that Al's experience is better that what my mother went through.

wes

Not ALL rehab's are crummy I guess (by MY experience at least!) In 2006 I was riding my motorcycle with my friend Mariann on the back,my brother David was behind us on his bike. A car coming from the opposite direction,stopped to make a left turn,about fifty feet in front of us :eek:
I smacked he doing about 40mph right behind the passenger front bumper. suffered a double compound fracture to my left leg :mad: A month in hospital..a month in a rehab place to learn how to walk again ( my left leg/foot got so mangled and twisted,the rehab was to help "straighten" my foot out again and learn how ro walk). Then ten months at home healing/more rehab! I am diabetic and any healing takes like FOREVER!

The rehab place was awesome. VERY attentive..had activities that I could do..and as I healed,I was permitted to go off campus with my brother,as long as I was back at the facility by 6pm. I ended up at a Harley-Davidson dealership,with a walker,and buying my current bike lol. My brother said I was nutz and sgould has bought a convertible :p

My point being is..my experience was a positive one! And I hope/pray so is Al's!

Jim

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
My dad was in a rehab after his heart surgery. He fought it tooth and nail until he actually got there, and then he told me how nice everyone was and how glad he was he was able to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Each rehab facility seem to have their own level of care and support. My mother, sister in law, and wife had been in different facilities in the same city. Of the three, my mother was in the better facility. So, it does depend on the facility and knowing a bit about them before hand helps.

Last edited:

PCash

Sep 7, 2017
Parrots
Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure (Male)

Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (Female)

Yellow Shouldered Amazon (male)
Sending Al, Geri and Salty prayers. I'm kinda a newbie here but Al's presence here is felt even when he's away. Blessings and a speedy recovery!

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Yikes Jim...you bikers are all nutz, but I understand the "drive to ride", it's your "thing", and no matter what it may have done to you, it's not something that you're going to just give up...but damn, be careful...#Harleyguysareinsane

I hope that Wrench is doing well at the rehab, as I too know the hell of dealing with your health insurance while you're sick/injured. You're supposed to be resting and recovering, with little to no stress (yeah right), and all you're doing is worrying about financial stuff and medical bills that your insurance company, who takes a quarter of your paycheck, is refusing to pay..And a chronic fever after having any surgery, let alone open-heart surgery, is no bueno...Poor Geri, she must be losing her mind.

Can one of you wonderful Mods possibly PM me the address to send Al a card?

Most Reactions

Latest posts