A tough decision to make.

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
Pearls flight feathers have finally grown out.She is gaining much flight back as now she can be on top of the cage to the top of the toy hook in a Few flaps.Not an issue if she doesn't try to fly around the house.She its now getting more mischievous and going into places where she could easily fall such a hanging upside down off of the side of the cage.Yes she could better upright herself now but this new behavior is somewhat startling to me.Nothing has yet to happen that would make me want to clip her...yet.I'm afraid one days she's just going to try to fly from the top of the cage although she has shown no behavior of this...i'm scared.Any advice?

OP
suncon97

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
She's over a year old

MaraWentz

Banned
Banned
Mar 27, 2012
Media
St.Leonard, MD
Parrots
Red Front Macaw, Elvis, 10,male RIP

Red Front Macaw, Erin, 1.5,female

Goffin Cockatoo, Blossom 2,female Rehomed

Blue & Gold Macaw, Oscar, Male, 21 years old, Rehomed

American Bulldog Mix,
You could train her for flying, bird proof the place, or if need be clip her, but don't worry, my flightless RFM would climb to the top of his cage and onto the sides or on ladders and hang upside down... you get used to the odd things they do.

Davinchi

Mar 11, 2011
Media
Duluth, MN
Parrots
Paco: Yellow Naped Amazon
My CAG loves to walk on the top of his cage upside down (on the inside). He will hang there and yell "look at me"

You shouldn't worry too much.

Most Reactions