A tribute!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
I have many fond memories of my grandmother that passed away in '09 and I miss her terribly still. But I keep all the great memories close and really just wish she could be here to talk about birds and meet my birds. Anyways *sigh*, in my painting class for our last project we needed to paint something that meant something special to us. Blue and gold macaws were my grandmothers favorite and dearest pets, so of course that was what I wanted to paint. I spent about 7 hours on it so far but it's not done yet. The head needs more blending into the blue and green and I want to do a different background, and more detail but that's okay! I have all summer! I was digging around and found my favorite photos to start this project! (sorry these are photos of photos so they are bad quality)

feeding her babies

(probably going to use this as a tattoo idea with two macaws as a heart) Gma walking her babies out to the huge play gym my dad made her

walking some more out, she had 5 b/g's and numerous scarlets,greenwings, etc. She was big into breeding, it was a fun house to come and visit!!!!

the beak needed some tweaking and that wing....oops~

not finished but I like it so far (this is sitting in the art building, its a filthy room....not my house lol! had to turn it in for grading)

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Thanks for sharing!!!! So now your sharing her passion for parrots, she passed that onto you!!! ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have tears in my eyes, what a wonderful tribute to your Grandma. She sounds like she was an amazing person:) Your painting is beautiful!
I also think that using the 2 macs as a heart for a tattoo is a great idea!

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Awwww thanks guys *hugs* I will admit I had tears in my eyes posting it....and now I do again. I can't wait to pick the painting up on Wednesday from class for the final to finish it....I have to talk about it to the class and what it means to me, I hope I don't cry!!!

Most Reactions