A weird lump on my birds tounge, URGENT

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Yesterday i posted a thread about this but it was a bit confusing becuase i was very worried. Ive had not noticed any sick behavior on her she is all happy and Wags or fanns her tail. But the problem is that she has a lump on the back on her tounge, its a bit swollen looking like a wart. Please help there is No Open vet nearby.
E49649B9-573C-468E-A973-19AF508E0C3E.png

You can see it behind her tonsil

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I saw in your other post you wrote that she was scratching the bump. I’m not sure what you mean but I believe you that something is there. Could it be food stuck to the back of the tongue? I would answer if I understood what you are worried about.

I don’t know where her tonsils are either.
Can you draw an arrow on the photo to the bump?

I think if she’s active then she is probably fine BUT I get that you are worried.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Have you used any of the Avian Vets in you location in the past. Relationships, i.e. being a client helps greatly when calling with a 'sick' Parrot.
Most times when you see or become aware that your Parrot is sick, they have been for some time. Yes, they can scare us, but if you believe its a problem, it commonly is!
I believe strongly in a well developed relationship with our Avian Vet with having at least annual health check-ups (we use a five quarter calendar i.e. 15 month cycle for our healthy Amazon). We also have our Vet clinic handling nail trimming. The reason is they know us and 'if' we are calling with a sick Parrot, we get in quickly. Also, with a solid medical file, there is a history to compare with.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Parrot tongues are weird little things and not at all like human ones. If she's active, eating and maintaining weight, I think your OK.. But never hurts to establish with a vet a base line health for your parrot when she is good. That way they can compare to readings and results if she is ill. And as 'Boats said, having a relationship with your vet is useful !

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
I saw in your other post you wrote that she was scratching the bump. I’m not sure what you mean but I believe you that something is there. Could it be food stuck to the back of the tongue? I would answer if I understood what you are worried about.

I don’t know where her tonsils are either.
Can you draw an arrow on the photo to the bump?

I think if she’s active then she is probably fine BUT I get that you are worried.
I try to send a photo with the drawing arrow but its says arrow, but i think it has always been there now i just noticed this i think, two months ago i took my birds to the vet and they checked their mouths but they did not say anything. I will talk to an online vet as soon as possible.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
If you recently took them to the vet, they certainly do look inside the mouth/ beak at visits. I wonder if this might be a normal mouth that looks different than you expect?

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
If you recently took them to the vet, they certainly do look inside the mouth/ beak at visits. I wonder if this might be a normal mouth that looks different than you expect?
hmm ive think maybe i looked at it to much i thought it was a problem, ive just got worried when i saw a lump on the back of her tounge. But of the vet checked on it i should not be so worried!

Most Reactions

Latest posts