About Us

TarrenNToto

Mar 14, 2014
I am a single mother, Tarren is my 5 yr old son and Toto is Tarren's baby tiel. Obviously although Toto is Tarren's bird I am very hands on, but for such a young child Tarren is very good with him. Tarren calls himself "Bird boy". We have had Toto for a little over a month, he was a hand fed/ hand tame baby and he loves his people. Toto is an only FID for now but I am hoping to find a blue head pionus baby in the near future. <3

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome :)
"Bird Boy" that's funny (in a cute way). Blue headed Pi's are beautiful!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
So glad you joined us!
I have a blue headed pi and he is awesome! I can't sing his praises enough:)
They would make a great addition to your family.

OP
T

TarrenNToto

Mar 14, 2014
Blue headed pi are gorgeous but it is everything I am reading about their personalities that is really drawing me to them. I really want a bird that will not want to be a one person bird, one my son can be hands on with too. We used to have a U2 and my son and that bird were the best of friends, playing together, in the bath together and singing and dancing together.

Any leads on finding a baby BH Pi would be greatly appreciated. I know it is too early in the season for them yet but as hard as they are to find I am trying to locate a breeder now. :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I don't think any particular species is necessarily a "one person bird". Sure some are more or less inclined, but early socialization is usually key to making the bird accustomed to people. They may always have a favorite person, but when well socialized to different situations and people, many will also like or at least tolerate handling by others.
Robin my Red Bellied parrot USED TO BE a strict one person bird for most of the nearly 20 years of his life! When he met my husband, wow something happened and I couldn't believe my eyes! Robin is now a two person bird!! I think that is unusual though after that many years.

Now, about the Blue Headed Pi! :) I love them. They're gorgeous. The good news is, that BH are not terribly hard to find because they're popular (because of their beauty).
I know of a breeder you can try... Another member on this forum is getting a bird from Little Creek Menagerie. I've talked to the breeder before, and he seems pretty nice. Also this other member asked him for references, and he gave good ones right away. Check out his website. Search "little creek menagerie". It looks like they might have Blue Headed available right now? Good luck :)

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Welcome! Toto sounds like a great bird! And BHP are very good birds as well! :D I hope you Tarren, and Toto are enjoying your time so far on the forum! :)

Most Reactions