Accent Rugs

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Has anyone got an inexpensive solution to placing rubber backed accent rugs on laminate or hardwood flooring, to avoid discolouration of the flooring?
confused.gif

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Do you mean how to stop them slipping Sharon? Or something you can put down to stop discolouration?

If it's discolouration only, then my mum in law simply moves her rugs around the house so that the sunlight doesn't have a chance to discolour around the rug area.

Other than that, I'm not too sure what else you could do!! Sorry, not been much help! :D

OP
SharonC

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Apparently, there is a chemical in the rubber backing that causes discolouration? This is not just floor fading around the rug...

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
We have wood floors and the rugs does not have any affect on them.
a48ff585.gif

What about sowing a sheet onto the back of the rug to cover the rubber? I cant really think of anything else, sorry.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Oh I SEE!

Well, that doesn't happen with hers either....but she did buy non slip dashboard rubber and back them......

OP
SharonC

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Thanks guys! I've been reading a lot, and I think I'll go for a rug with jute backing. Too bad, as I found the perfect rug here with rubber backing. I may have to shop online, and I HATE online shopping!!!

Most Reactions