African Grey

Gandolf

Mar 29, 2011
Media
Albums
Lincoln, Ne
Parrots
Goffin's Cockatoo, Congo African Grey, 3 Conures, 2 Cockatiels, 6 Love Birds and 4 Budgies
you mean Roflmao hehe I'm a gaming nerd too so I know some of them.. lol I am so diverse people think I'm weird. Animal Rescue, Mother of soon to be 3 kids @ 23 yrs of age, married, gamer, sports player, etc.. LOL I'm a rare one... LOL

Cute :) I am not a gamer that's why I probably have always used it backwards. he,he,he :eek:

Crackers

Apr 11, 2011
California
Parrots
"Crackers" Hahns Macaw
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I decided to go with the CAG rather than the amazon. I have been doing alot of research and reading all the information here.

Thank you. :)

.... I'm glad my post is of help .... I've decided to pass for now on the CAG

O'h darn. I was hoping U would go for it :rolleyes: At least U R doing research and asking questions. Good luck.:grey:

Gandolf

Mar 29, 2011
Media
Albums
Lincoln, Ne
Parrots
Goffin's Cockatoo, Congo African Grey, 3 Conures, 2 Cockatiels, 6 Love Birds and 4 Budgies
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I decided to go with the CAG rather than the amazon. I have been doing alot of research and reading all the information here.

Thank you. :)

.... I'm glad my post is of help .... I've decided to pass for now on the CAG

O'h darn. I was hoping U would go for it :rolleyes: At least U R doing research and asking questions. Good luck.:grey:

Yahooooooooo :blue1::red1::blue::red: LOL

Glad U decided on the CAG, they are so cool and I think that you will agree after awhile....Good luck and keep me informed. :)

Crackers

Apr 11, 2011
California
Parrots
"Crackers" Hahns Macaw
Thank you! And than you all for all the information. :) I am hoping to adopt one. I have one rescue that is only 30 miles from my house. You have to be within a 50 mile radius to adopt one so that works out. I will be turning in my application this week.

You have to do 3 visits to see if a bird chooses you and then you have to take a class. Then you get the in home visit.

The only thing I have to do at this point is get a first aid kit which is part of the clearance requirement and I should just have one on hand anyhow.

I gather this will be a long process but worth the wait. Wish me luck! :)

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
:green:This info has been very helpful for me, we will be bringing our new baby CAG in a few weeks. :)

ACaputo

Jul 10, 2013
Bloomfield
Parrots
African grey
Hi all I work days and sometimes a 12 hour day my grey is throwing his food on the floor could be upset i am out longer on some days maybe he does not like his food he is 13 and a closet talker most of the time. We sit and watch TV or listen music.I remeber quiet a fews ago I tried the colored pellet food and he just made soup out of his water dish we togtether so he gets his share of people food any ideas would be a great help.Thanks:white1:

drveunutz

Dec 13, 2015
Richmond Hill, NY
Parrots
african grey (Gizmo)..umbrella cockatoo (Wacko RIP)...military macaw (Rowdy)...blue fronted amazon (cookie RIP)
I have had my AG for at least 15 years we are very social with him and continue to bring him into the living room on a daily basis we have a nice big perch for him in there so he get be around the family at most times except for sleep, he still after all these years does not like to be petted or touched we have had him since he was hatched we can pick him up but that is it. he has a mouth like a sailor doesn't make noise just talks alot

Most Reactions