Air filters, this time wall mount only, any experience?

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
I've searched all the air purifier threads and read up on what you all use, but I am specifically interested in wall mount units only.

So far the only unit I have found is the RabbitAir MinusA2 can be wall mounted.

Has anyone else found a wall mounted filter that works well? I have tried google and almost all the results that aren't RabbitAir are discontinued or prototype models, so maybe I am not so good at searching.

I'm totally cool with getting the RabbitAir, I just want to see if there are any options to compare.

The reason I want a wall mount is because I built a birdroom and space is precious in there. I really want to make sure I can use as much space as possible for their playstands and jungle gyms.

Currently I have a honeywell on wheels and it works fine, but I really want to use the area it sits in for a different gym.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I can't comment on the wall mounted ones as I have the opposite problem with wall space being a precious commodity in this room. It has 5 doorways, 2 large windows, a wood burning stove and an old radiator.

But, I was wondering if you could tell me about your Honeywell and what model and how it has worked for you? My new Grey has definitely kicked up my allergies, and so has my amazon a bit. I love both birds and plan to keep them for life, but don't want to end up with COPD or something. I seem to be adjusting now, but an air cleaner would certainly help. I'd also like to not spend $500 if I don't have to.

OP
Rrrma

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
I have the honeywell that is recommended for elderly people with breathing problems. I can't remember the model exactly, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want something not-loud. Forget about quiet... it isn't even not-loud, it is just loud, even on the low setting lol! It works though.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Ok, loud might get annoying. I already have 3 birds vocalizing, and often the stereo or TV is on for them as well, lol! Thanks for letting me know that.

thebirdnerd

Dec 28, 2010
Parrots
Whitefaced Pied Male Tiel- official greeter at the Rainbow Bridge, forever in our hearts,
Turquoise Mutation IRN,
Congo African Grey- please come home to us,
Blue mutation IRN
I have an Alen A350 air filter.. It is wall mountable.. It covers approximately 800 sq feet (400 for allergy sufferers). Its fairly quiet and very powerful. It costs $399.00 I would recommend it.

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
I'm a member of "Consumer Reports". I don't know if their link will show here, or even if you can view the page if you're not a member yourself, but I'll try to get the best to worst list posted for you.

Well, it did not work. If any of you want to email me for the list, I'll send it to you.

Kevin

[email protected]

Most Reactions

Latest posts