Albie seems to be giving me the cold shoulder the last couple days

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
And I'm really not sure why. He seems to be much preferring my husband. I haven't done anything that really altered our routine.

My husband doesn't have anything to do with albie as he's "my" responsibility. Don't hmget me wrong, he would never do anything to cause any ill harm against albie, but he isn't an animal person (where as I can't not have a pet) which is fine in our relationship as we discussed it prior to marriage.

Yet albie is... Besotted with hubby, I mean he will step up if I ask him and move him away but he just flies right back, he asks hubby for scritches and won't accept them from me. At the start, he would only accept them from me.

I'm wondering if I've inadvertently upset him some how?

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
And I'm really not sure why. He seems to be much preferring my husband. I haven't done anything that really altered our routine.

My husband doesn't have anything to do with albie as he's "my" responsibility. Don't hmget me wrong, he would never do anything to cause any ill harm against albie, but he isn't an animal person (where as I can't not have a pet) which is fine in our relationship as we discussed it prior to marriage.

Yet albie is... Besotted with hubby, I mean he will step up if I ask him and move him away but he just flies right back, he asks hubby for scritches and won't accept them from me. At the start, he would only accept them from me.

I'm wondering if I've inadvertently upset him some how?

Does hubby have a beard? [emoji848] Not a bird situation, but my cat (MINE lol) likes my husband more because he has a beard. When she was a kitten he wasnā€™t really interested in getting her but I was & now theyā€™re the best of friends, all because of the beard. [emoji849] she likes grooming it. LOL. Apparently birds can be smitten with bearded folk too, from what Iā€™ve heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Some of mine have wandering preferences, some weeks itā€™s my husband and sometimes itā€™s me. Baby and Tango firmly prefer me and that has been solid since they moved in a few years ago. Bindi changes her mind regularly....there will be a few weeks where she prefers my husband and then she reverts to me. Stanley will occasionally decide that my husband is the preferred person, but will switch back after a day or so. Screamer (cockatiel) loves my husband to the exclusion of everyone else....and that does not waver. My husband agreed to the birds living in the house - but he doesnā€™t take care of them or give them regular attention. All that to say....it happens, itā€™s often changeable and doesnā€™t mean youā€™ve done anything to offend them.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Some of mine have wandering preferences, some weeks itā€™s my husband and sometimes itā€™s me. Baby and Tango firmly prefer me and that has been solid since they moved in a few years ago. Bindi changes her mind regularly....there will be a few weeks where she prefers my husband and then she reverts to me. Stanley will occasionally decide that my husband is the preferred person, but will switch back after a day or so. Screamer (cockatiel) loves my husband to the exclusion of everyone else....and that does not waver. My husband agreed to the birds living in the house - but he doesnā€™t take care of them or give them regular attention. All that to say....it happens, itā€™s often changeable and doesnā€™t mean youā€™ve done anything to offend them.

So, Stitch, the problem and therefore the solution is quite obvious.

You just don't yet have enough birds! :D

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
They are funny little things,and they dont miss a trick! My hubby is also in favour atm, and I think its because he gives her toast for breakfast,and shares bread pud with her,consequently I have now put her on a diet, it was bad enough before as she only likes friut,and sunflower hearts.
But shes cuddling up to him,and Im in the doghouse!

Fiddlejen........I would love another too!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I whish I could get another 1 or 6! Haha, yeah it very much feels like I'm in the dog house but no Idea why other than moving him off my cross stitch project.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I whish I could get another 1 or 6! Haha, yeah it very much feels like I'm in the dog house but no Idea why other than moving him off my cross stitch project.

It's tough but they chose for themselves. I live alone so no competition until my daughter visits.... šŸ˜•

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I guess I'm feeling a bit rejected hahah x

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I have found the reason!!!!!

I had no idea these guys were so... Finnicky..... It was because my hair was Down the last few days! I put it up today and he's been like velcro, I'm so happy, I guess that means I need a hair cut as my hair is very long.

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Hahaha! Iā€™m screwed when Milo comes home... long hair to my belly button, and I hate pony tails as they give me headaches. [emoji79]

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Lollipop, my hair is getting to that length, I love my hair being long but I think it's gonna be more praticle in the long run especially as I got rid of my hair dryer (it was dubious about what the chemicals used on the heating elements were so better safe than sorry its now a designated cat dryer at work)

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Ooh what do you do for work!

Maybe Iā€™ll get away with a braid those seem to work well for me :)

Iā€™m glad you found the answer and Velcro birb is back!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Ooh what do you do for work!

Maybe Iā€™ll get away with a braid those seem to work well for me :)

Iā€™m glad you found the answer and Velcro birb is back!

I'm glad he's back, we had a really lovely snuggle today and I missed it!

I am a pet groomer, so I keep dogs cats and rabbits looking their best and keeping them matt free x

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Ohhhh nice!!!! I was about to transition into the grooming department at petsmart before I had to leave the workforce because of chronic illness [emoji24]

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
It's the best job in the world, I've been grooming for 13 years professionally and before that I used to groom my Persians for show.

If you still transfer over to grooming and you need any help let me know and I'll do what I can

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
It's the best job in the world, I've been grooming for 13 years professionally and before that I used to groom my Persians for show.

If you still transfer over to grooming and you need any help let me know and I'll do what I can

That sounds so fun! Persians are beautiful. Do you still have them?

Thank you! I ended up leaving the outside-world workforce in 2014 and have been self employed as a freelance writer ever since. :)

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Sadly we don't have the Persians any more we stopped about 10 years ago. I'm glad your enjoying your free lance writing though

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Sadly we don't have the Persians any more we stopped about 10 years ago. I'm glad your enjoying your free lance writing though

Aw, Iā€™m sorry! Thank you.

I will stop hijacking your thread topic now hehe thanks for the chat. I appreciate it. [emoji175]

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Haha I don't mind at all, the problem is solved �� if you wanna chat just pm me x

Most Reactions

Latest posts