Australia
Parrots
Duckie -( passed ) 1.5yrs Yellow-sided GCC

Eden- 14/8/2017 High-red pineapple conure

Indi- 12/11/2017 White bellied caique

Asher- 15/1/2018 - Black capped conure

Wolfie- 21/10/2017- Alexandrine
Hi all,
I have a 6 month old alexandrine and he is doing great, he is still a bit nervous and will "beak" (putting his beak over my finger but not biting down) if thats what you call it when i ask him to step-up. I have a question about his behaviour, when ever I let him out of his cage he will fluff up his head and pin his eyes. I have read that pinning their eyes means anger, why does he do this every time I let him out?

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
it doesn't always mean anger but is more of an "alert" thing, it can come from being upset with something, scared of something or even being overly excited. Always best to keep fingers away when displaying eye pinning as it's often a good sign that a bite may happen

OP
Breeze

Breeze

Dec 27, 2017
Australia
Parrots
Duckie -( passed ) 1.5yrs Yellow-sided GCC

Eden- 14/8/2017 High-red pineapple conure

Indi- 12/11/2017 White bellied caique

Asher- 15/1/2018 - Black capped conure

Wolfie- 21/10/2017- Alexandrine
it doesn't always mean anger but is more of an "alert" thing, it can come from being upset with something, scared of something or even being overly excited. Always best to keep fingers away when displaying eye pinning as it's often a good sign that a bite may happen
Thats what i though of when eye pinning, he will "beak" but not bite... yet i hope he does not bite

Most Reactions