All My Children

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
I figured I'd share the daily lives of my lovely flock :)
apatrimo94-albums-my-flock-picture570-very-wary.jpg

Bartleby is what I believed a Pearl Cockatiel, judging from his color mutation. I named him from a comic book series called Bone. In the books, a character named Smiley Bone is like me. And he has a pet named Bartleby, hence my boy's name. Also, he looked like a Bartleby to me :grey:
apatrimo94-albums-my-flock-picture569-eating-my-hand-first-time.jpg

EATING FROM MY HAND FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!! which was last week, lol but it was a great breakthrough for both of us.
apatrimo94-albums-my-flock-picture571-friends-checking-each-other-out.jpg

Then my little baby girls, S'mores and Shelby. I named my keet S'mores because at that moment I was eating marshmallows and she represents that sticky white goodness inside a s'mores, lol. And Shelby, my little tortoise, was named because she has a shell, lol.
apatrimo94-albums-my-flock-picture578-watching-anima-plants-river-monsters-me-she-seems-enjoy.jpg

Watching TV with me is S'mores' #1 pastime. She loves to watch TV.
apatrimo94-albums-my-flock-picture579-checking-out-bartleby.jpg

S'mores and Bartleby checking each other out for the first time. They were very wary of each other. Then my sister walked in and said "Awkward" lol

Anyway, so that's my flock, I hope you find them lovely. I hope to extend my flock soon by adding another keet, a Congo Afican Grey and a Severe Mini Macaw.

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Great pictures mate! Thanks for sharing.

You sure have a good method for choosing names. Its awesome to watch these birds and how they adapt to their surroundings. Shelby is great too, good on her for putting up with those 2 birds lol.

Has Bartleby started venturing out of the cage yet?

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Yes, when he gets out, the first thing he does is run to the window, lol. He kind of runs into it. I feel sorry for him but it's quite funny. He just walks away and explores. But he doesn't want me near him, so if I need to get him back in the cage, I need to use a towel.

Most Reactions

Latest posts