All my fish tanks!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D

my lion fish

one of my beta tanks

my truck tank

my male albino long fin bristle nose pleco

salt tank

another of the dwarf lion

the 80 gallon tube tank

sushi????

tank I setup for a friend...lucky dog!

stella116

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Parrots
I have 4 American Budgies (Parakeets) Dexter, Delila, Prudy (Prudence), and Minka. I the fall I am going to get a cockatiel! Yay!
Those are so cool. I hope to have a large salt water tank at some point.

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
That goldfish tank is pretty cool. Did you have that custome made?

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Thank you for posting those pictures, I just LOVE fish and have always from a child had them. I particularly like goldfish especially lionheads - I think they have such personality! I've never had a salt water tank, mostly because I'm a bit afraid of them. There have been times that I had to do an 'emergency' water change, etc., or a tank leaked, and time was of the essence, and I just didn't think I could cope with that with a saltwater tank, plus saltwater fish are SO expensive. Right now I don't have a tank set up but I do have a koi/goldfish pond and it's surprising how long lived they are and how large the goldfish can get. Good luck with all them :)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Those are cool.

I never had much luck with fish...

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh that is so cool! Next to birds, probably fish would be next in line! :)

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
The tube tank is custom built. I used to pet sit for my neighbors who liked to travel a lot, one day I came home and mom said that Roy and Gay left something for you in the garage. That tank!!!! I've gotten offers from people for 1k for it but I would never find anything like it again unless I custom built it. I've had it for 12 years now.

The salt tank ....ahh the only pain for me is mixing the salt! It's only been setup a few months now and I cannot keep clown fish alive. I love the lion tho :D

Thank for all the compliments

6 gallon

20 gallon long jungle....I don't really know what my plans are with this....kinda messy

My fire eel, they get up 3 foot, mines a little guy right now "Mr. Eel" sqweeeeeeeeeeeeee

I just got a rope fish today, I'll try to get a pic of him. I wonder what to name him.....

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Beautiful tanks! Have you had your saltwater tank gone through a cycle prior to adding your fish??? The main thing with clown fish is getting them to eat for you. Frozen cyclopeeze works great! I hope that lion isn't in with your chromis or clowns?

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Yea I waited several months before adding fish, I was having ahuge problem with ich, everything seems stable now. I added some hermit crabs and snails. The lion likes to perch on rocks and he inhales ghost shrimp! He leaves the chromis alone, might have a problem when he gets larger but my local fish store will take the chromis back for me. I don't have anymore clowns :(

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
What type of filtration are you running on the SW tank? I see a bubbler in there witch seems off to me. Do you test your water regularly? There can be so many things that can go wrong with SW tanks. They can be a real pain. I debate everyday about getting out of reef keeping and sticking to just parrots as they are less temperamental. LOL.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yes ich is a major issue. Whenever you see your fish have major ich issue, first of all do a water change! You can get a bottle call garlic guard and soak high quality flake food with the garlic and feed it to them 3 times per day. They used to have to added garlic in the frozen formula 2 cube trays but they change the ingredient and it no longer works like it used to against ich. I stand by garlic additives! Or freah garlic works great!!!!

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
They get really big!!! Here is a video I found of a 30inch long one, I cannot wait to setup a large tank for my monsters when it's time!!! They are SO pretty. They are actually not a true eel tho, they are in the spiney fish family, you might see their cousin the peacock eel in petco and petsmart. They look the same, but their size and color is different.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml5OynS6GV0"]Fire eel - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrfOmfQwhG8"]30" FIRE EEL (MR EEL) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
The salt is a 20 gallon and I use a aquaclear 70 on it, I also have a powerhead and the bubbler is just because I like the bubbles.

I have heard about the garlic foods, I have never tried it but if I ever deal with ich again I will try it. Most of my problems were probably because I do not have a QT tank and most ich meds hurt live rock, I didn't have inverts at the time.

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Honestly I think about turning it into a live planted tank since I have t6 lighting on it but it pains me to sell or give away the live rock and live sand. Although the lionfish is popular around the house.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
What type of filtration are you running on the SW tank? I see a bubbler in there witch seems off to me. Do you test your water regularly? There can be so many things that can go wrong with SW tanks. They can be a real pain. I debate everyday about getting out of reef keeping and sticking to just parrots as they are less temperamental. LOL.

You can have a bubbler in saltwater and not suggested in a reef tank! I got out so I can have more devoted time to my birds. Got tired of always testing and worry about the tank.

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7IYR_rELyE]My Bubbles! Finding Nemo - YouTube[/ame]

*dies laughing*

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I LOVE finding nemo!!!!! I used to post a lot on reef central and went through a lot of parasite and nasty algae that I had to battle. The worst algae you can battle with is bryopsis and I won against it!!! I did bit by bit posting on how I fought off bryopsis, my postings might still be on there some where....And I got into the reef club and was fragging my corals to trade with other reefers. And that's when I learned to dip them first before ever introducing them to my tank because of the nasty little critters that come aboard that you don't want around....Flashing a flash light on my zooanthid colony and plucking parasites one by one with a tweezer, that wasn't fun....lol

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Stunning tanks! I love the betta tank with the moss, duckweed, and slab. Looks awesome!!! I onl have a 17g now but I used to have more, I'm all for live plants :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts