All red african grey

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
When I first saw your post I opened the link prepared to see ALL RED African Grey parrot! :D I was disappointed there was no picture of a red AG there. :)

Me too...

Thank you X45kylekatarn for the pic attachment.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Are they REAL?!?! SERIOUSLY?!? I've never seen one even on picture before - I thought it was photoshopped. :) I googled red factor AG and there were really tons of those. OMG, they look so weird...

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Are they REAL?!?! SERIOUSLY?!? I've never seen one even on picture before - I thought it was photoshopped. :) I googled red factor AG and there were really tons of those. OMG, they look so weird...

Back when those first made the news, I was corresponding with a South African breeder who had a pair for sale in the $250,000 range.....I could look up his contact info, if you're interested.....

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Back when those first made the news, I was corresponding with a South African breeder who had a pair for sale in the $250,000 range.....I could look up his contact info, if you're interested.....

They look like aliens for me.. not attractive at all. Why won't they breed blue cockatoos, all purple amazons or some other crazy stuff like that?! The breeders have gone nuts. Poor birds…
BTW, Weco, I noticed that you have a Nanday - I would love if you tell a bit about your bird in my thread where I'm asking about them… Sorry for different topic.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Couldn't see the link, but I have seen some of the spotted red mutation CAGS.

I prefer the "normal" coloration as well.

Darci

Jun 12, 2014
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Shadow - Six year old Congo African Grey
my bird's scalloped feathers remind me of her heritage. They look like scales. I love my little dinosaur.

while the all red would be striking, I would worry about animal kept as a curiosity or symbol as opposed to a living being.

X45kylekatarn

Jun 27, 2014
Google Red Factor African Greys, the 100% red mutation is extremely hard to get, usually you get pieds.
I agree that it's enhanced, but those birds are red.

LizP

Nov 5, 2014
:red: This is a scam. I went to this ladies aviary and saw her heavily pied african grey. I know she spent a fortune for her. If you go to her website you will see a lot of Red greys but they were all photoshopped. Look closely, some of the birds are missing red on legs or head. I like the ones were the beaks and feet are also red. She does have pictures of the real deal but they are only available in South Africa where they were developed by Hennie Diedericks. On the real pictures you will see that they do not have black beaks or feet. They are like an albino. The babies are born all white including beak and feet. What she has are birds with the single F1 factor which is very common, all of my birds have it. Not something to charge extra for. Plus all of her birds are very sick causing them to be infertile.

LizP

Nov 5, 2014
I emailed Hennie Diedericks two years ago and he carefully explained about the genetic of the F2 red factor. I have breed lovebirds for color and I have a biology major so I understand what she has. Hennie confirmed it, there is no way for her to breed an all red african grey with the birds she has.

Most Reactions