almost 13 wks

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Getting so big, she is almost 13 wks now. She is still taking two feedings though she flies around in between getting fed! She loves to fly and will land on my arm when I call her and on my head when I don't lol!

She says Hi, hello, Hi Momma, and pretty baby, while it is still garbled somewhat besides Hi, there is no mistake what she is saying. :D My super smart baby!

I have not been calling her MeMe since it really doesn't seem to fit her, I have another name in mind but I am still seeing if that is fitting for her. I don't typically teach my birds to say their name unless it is "Hi, my name is____" I tend to teach things that they would say to me or someone else rather than things I would say to them so I am certain she hasn't picked up MeMe yet. Since the only way I have used it while talking to her is to say "It's all about MeMe".

Anyway here she is, I just adore her!!
IMG_4934_zpsf49bb1d8.jpg

IMG_4935_zpsc935336e.jpg

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, she just gets cuter all the time! What a smart girl she is:)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
:eek: OMG how she's grown!

She's looking FABULOUS, Laura!! So alert, so curious, and SO sleek and shiny. :D

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Laura she's GORGEOUS!!! I wanna snuggle her!! Lol

She would gladly let you too, I say "wanna cuddle?" and she pushes herself under my chin making little cooing noises the whole time. She is a sweet heart!

Her desire to cuddle does not include other pet household members though. She was sitting in my lap yesterday on the couch watching TV and my very large Standard Poodle got to close in her opinion. She CLUCKED, the same sound that hormonal females make and flew at him. Poor dog almost had a heart attack, he has NEVER wanted anything to do with those weird creatures that look like birds but talk like mom! :eek:

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Aww, she is just a sweetie !!

You must be SO Proud Laura, She reminds me of my Poe when he was young and belonged to my dad all those many years ago

Do you have an "uncle" position available? :D (I want to snuggle her too)

EDIT: She IS HUGE from the last picture I saw of her from the photo of the month, They sure grow FAST !!

Joe

Last edited:
OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Aww, she is just a sweetie !!

You must be SO Proud Laura, She reminds me of my Poe when he was young and belonged to my dad all those many years ago

Do you have an "uncle" position available? :D (I want to snuggle her too)

EDIT: She IS HUGE from the last picture I saw of her from the photo of the month, They sure grow FAST !!

Joe

Sure Uncle Joe, she has plenty of snuggles to go around! :D
She really has grown so fast it's amazing the changes they go through so quickly.
Breakfast this morning was a hoot! I get a little in her then have to wait while she flies the full circle through the kitchen, dining room and living room, wait until she lands, get her from wherever she lands, feed her a little more then she is off flying again. :54:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
She's beautiful, Laura! And flying so well already? Impressive!

I too am wide-eyed at how much she's grown. Wow!

How is she getting along with the rest of your flock?

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
She's beautiful, Laura! And flying so well already? Impressive!

I too am wide-eyed at how much she's grown. Wow!

How is she getting along with the rest of your flock?

The eclectus pretty much just like themselves and sometimes each other and even that can change from day to day.:rolleyes: She has had some contact with the younger male ekkies and does fine but the females and Gomez I wouldn't chance introducing a baby to yet.

Harley is still technically in quarantined and while she is fine, tests came back great and she is friendly with every human she meets I have not introduced her to the rest of the flock at all (my understanding was she was never around other birds in her other home). My son is coming to visit very soon and he is SUPER excited as I have told him as long as Harley likes him he can take her to live with him. I am very glad I got her out of the situation she was in but she is just too dusty for me and my lungs to handle. :(
Not that my son would ever wish me harm but I do think he was hoping it would work out for Harley to come live with him, she will be very loved and well taken care of. Other than when my grand daughter stays with him every other weekend he lives alone and has said he gets lonely so I know she will be great company for him. She still swears but it has lessened, she says a lot more sweet things now! I don't think she will ever totally forget the nasty stuff but my son will teach her better things I am certain.:)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Absolutely stunning. She is growing into a big, beautiful girl:)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Laura she's GORGEOUS!!! I wanna snuggle her!! Lol

She would gladly let you too, I say "wanna cuddle?" and she pushes herself under my chin making little cooing noises the whole time. She is a sweet heart!

Her desire to cuddle does not include other pet household members though. She was sitting in my lap yesterday on the couch watching TV and my very large Standard Poodle got to close in her opinion. She CLUCKED, the same sound that hormonal females make and flew at him. Poor dog almost had a heart attack, he has NEVER wanted anything to do with those weird creatures that look like birds but talk like mom! :eek:

OMG so cute!! lol she sounds like such a love bug! [emoji4]

LOL! Your poor dog! He's probably thinking what did I do?!? [emoji33] haha

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I "was" gonna venture a sex now, but Laura, can I please ask you to post a few more photos of her, including how she perches? :D

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I "was" gonna venture a sex now, but Laura, can I please ask you to post a few more photos of her, including how she perches? :D

I will try, right now she knows something is up, every time I aim the camera at her she shifts or flies at me LOL :p

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
omg.... those photos... cute overload!!! CONGRATS!!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Wow she has grown fast and is beautiful! How long does breakfast take each morning? I love that she is flying and making her rounds around the house.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Wow she has grown fast and is beautiful! How long does breakfast take each morning? I love that she is flying and making her rounds around the house.

She is getting ready to give up the morning feeding I think or at least start taking less. I can still get her to take almost the full 60 cc but she has to fly before the first 30 cc then again after. I have to be quick about getting her back to the feeding station for the last 30 before it cools off too much and she's done.

She loves to fly and is really good at it. She will fly to me when I call her most times except at breakfast when she just wants to play.:p She does land on a java stand in the living room after each loop through the house so it is not as difficult as when she was flying and crash landing.:eek:
She takes a larger night time hand feeding and I do think she will be on that for a while longer. She is growing up so fast!!

Most Reactions