Amazing!!! I'm going to try making this custom cage cover...

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
I'm soooooo sick of having to use a bed sheet to cover the cage at night and I HATE the available bird cage covers because most are black which scares the heck out of Coconut as it makes the cage looks way too spooky at night. I always leave at least one side of cage uncovered.

So I'm going to buy a light colored fabric and try making my own custom made cage cover using a shower curtain with shower curtain hooks! :D

2wfr7ya.jpg

PS: It looks like this person has sand on top of their cage... I'd like to try that... is it safe???

2j18uj8.jpg

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Wow, thats pretty creative! For folks with flat top./ play stand tops, it seems lke you only need to trim the shower curtain and you are in business.

As far as the sand - parrots dont need grit and I'd be worrying they would be ingesting some or too much in playing up there.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Wow, thats pretty creative! For folks with flat top./ play stand tops, it seems lke you only need to trim the shower curtain and you are in business.

As far as the sand - parrots dont need grit and I'd be worrying they would be ingesting some or too much in playing up there.

I just bought some shower curtains at Walmart and hooks. I like this shower curtain because it’s cheerful and makes me happy to look at it :D

The problem I’m having is that my cage doesn't have a solid top… I didn’t like the solid tray that came with the play top area as it made cage too dark so it’s open on top (has cage bars there instead of the solid tray)… CooCoo’Nut is going to freeze his butt off if I don’t cover the top since I blast the AC at night. I can use modified shower curtain (it’s way too long now) to cover cage sides… but I guess I’ll still have to cover the top of cage with something.

During the day I will just swipe curtain to the side and use a curtain tie to keep it nice and tailored :) ... but somebody better not poop on my beautiful new curtain!!! :eek:

28buuir.jpg

2h4cfhe.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
I wish I had gotten a tropical curtain like the below one instead.... darn! I will exchange it... I like both though. Nevermind, I'll keep the one I have can't make up my mind. This is why I'm a crazy person. :08:

zk4rbr.jpg

Last edited:

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Great idea!
And no doubt your little rascals will cause you to need to replace the curtains every so often, so you can change themes then!

Most Reactions

Latest posts